Mark R. Mercurio MD, MA
Professor of Pediatrics (Neonatology); Director, Program for Biomedical Ethics, Yale School of Medicine; Chair, Yale -New Haven Children's Hospital Ethics Committee; Director, Yale Pediatrics Ethics Program
Departments & Organizations
Ethics; Medical Ethics; Pediatrics; Neonatology; Education; more...
- B.A., Princeton University, 1978
- M.D., Columbia University, 1982
- M.A., Brown University, 2004
- Mercurio MR, Murray PD, Gross I. Unilateral pediatric "do not attempt resuscitation" orders: the pros, the cons, and a proposed approach. Pediatrics. 2014;133 Suppl 1:S37-43. doi: 10.1542/peds.2013-3608G. PubMed PMID: 24488539.
- Janvier, A., Mercurio, M.R. Saving vs. Creating: Perceptions of intensive care at different ages and the potential for injustice. Journal of Perinatology 2013; Vol 33(5):333-5.
- Cummings, C.L., Diefenbach, K., Mercurio, M.R. Counseling variation among physicians regarding intestinal transplant for short bowel syndrome. Journal of Medical Ethics. Published on line 8/21/13. http://jme.bmj.com