Humanities; Health Care
My academic work focuses on studying the ethical problems faced by clinicians, patients and families, in all aspects of medicine, but particularly with regard to pediatrics.
- Mercurio MR, Murray PD, Gross I. Unilateral pediatric "do not attempt resuscitation" orders: the pros, the cons, and a proposed approach. Pediatrics. 2014;133 Suppl 1:S37-43. doi: 10.1542/peds.2013-3608G. PubMed PMID: 24488539.
- Janvier, A., Mercurio, M.R. Saving vs. Creating: Perceptions of intensive care at different ages and the potential for injustice. Journal of Perinatology 2013; Vol 33(5):333-5.
- Cummings, C.L., Diefenbach, K., Mercurio, M.R. Counseling variation among physicians regarding intestinal transplant for short bowel syndrome. Journal of Medical Ethics. Published on line 8/21/13. http://jme.bmj.com
- Cummings, C.L., Mercurio, M.R. Ethics of Emerging Technologies and Their Transition to Accepted Practice: Intestinal Transplant for Short Bowel Syndrome. Journal of Perinatology. 2012:32: 752-756
- Goldberg PA, Varriale DJ, Mercurio MR. Dyshormonia Iatrogenica: crossroads of medicine, malpractice law, and professional ethics in clinical endocrinology. Endocrine practice : official journal of the American College of Endocrinology and the American Ass
- Mercurio, M.R. Faking it: Unnecessary deceptions and the slow code. American Journal of Bioethics 2011;11(11):17-8