Marie-Louise Landry MD
Professor of Laboratory Medicine and of Medicine (Infectious Diseases); Director, Clinical Virology Laboratory; Director, Medical Studies; Vice Chair, Laboratory Medicine
Viral Load and Correlation with Disease; Impact of Laboratory Diagnosis on Clinical Management; Molecular Methods; Direct Immunofluorescence
My interests focus on the rapid detection and quantitation of viruses for clinical diagnosis and the impact of new test methods on patient management. Ongoing projects include optimization of rapid assays for respiratory viruses and herpesviruses and development of real-time molecular methods for viral diagnosis.
- Campbell S and Landry ML. Rapid Antigen Tests. In Advanced Techniques in Diagnostic Microbiology, 2nd edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2012.
- Landry ML. Diagnosis of Influenza. Current Opinion In Pediatrics 23:91-97, 2011.
- Versalovic J, Carroll K, Funke G, Jorgensen J, Landry ML, Warnock D, Eds. Manual of Clinical Microbiology, 10th Edition, American Society of Microbiology, Washington DC, 2011.
- Landry ML and Ferguson D. Cytospin-enhanced immunofluorescence and impact of sample quality on diagnosis of novel swine-origin (H1N1) influenza virus. J Clin Microbiol 48:957-959, 2010.
- Kvach EJ, Ferguson D, Landry ML. Comparison of BD GeneOhm Cdiff Real-time PCR Assay with a Two-Step Algorithm and a Toxin A/B ELISA for Diagnosis of Toxigenic Clostridium difficile Infection. J Clin Microbiol 38:109-114, 2010.
- Leland D, Landry ML. Virus Isolation. In Laboratory Diagnosis of Viral Infections, Jerome K, Ed, 4th edition, Informa Press, New York, 2010.
- Landry ML. Developments in Immunological Assays for Respiratory Viruses. in McAdam A Ed, Respiratory Viruses in Pediatric and Adult Populations, in Clinics in Laboratory Medicine, Elsevier Press. 29: 635-648, 2009.
- Landry ML, Greenwold J, Vikram HR. Herpes simplex type-2 Meningitis: Presentation and Lack of Standardized Therapy. American Journal of Medicine 122:688-691, 2009.
- Landry ML, Lebeck MG, Capuano AW, McCarthy, T, Gray GC. Adenovirus Type 3 Outbreak in Connecticut Associated with A Novel Variant. Journal of Medical Virology 81:1380-1384, 2009.
- Landry ML, Cohen S, Ferguson D. Prospective study of human metapneumovirus detection in clinical samples using Light DiagnosticsTM direct immunofluorescence reagent and real-time PCR. J Clin Microbiol 46:1098-1100, 2008.