Marie-Louise Landry MD
Professor of Laboratory Medicine and of Medicine (Infectious Diseases); Director, Clinical Virology Laboratory; Director, Medical Studies; Vice Chair, Laboratory Medicine
Viral Load and Correlation with Disease; Impact of Laboratory Diagnosis on Clinical Management; Molecular Methods; Direct Immunofluorescence
My interests focus on the rapid detection and quantitation of viruses for clinical diagnosis and the impact of new test methods on patient management. Ongoing projects include optimization of rapid assays for respiratory viruses and herpesviruses and development of real-time molecular methods for viral diagnosis.
- Peaper D and Landry ML. Rapid Diagnosis of Influenza: State of the Art. Clin Lab Med 2014 (in press)
- Landry ML, Ferguson D. Topal J. Comparison of Simplexa Universal Direct PCR with Cytotoxicity for Diagnosis of Clostridium difficile Infection: Performance, Cost, and Correlation with Disease. J Clin Microbiol 2014 (in press)
- Gitman MR, Ferguson D, Landry ML. Comparison of Simplexa™ HSV 1 & 2 Direct PCR with Culture, Immunofluorescence and Laboratory Developed TaqMan PCR for
Detection of Herpes Simplex Virus in Swab Specimens. J Clin Microbiol. 2013 51:3765-9.
- Lott JP, Liu K, Landry ML, et al. Atypical hand-foot-and-mouth disease associated with coxsackievirus A6 infection. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2013
- Yoo N, Bernstein J, Caldwell C, Dong C, Drobeniuc J, Kamili S, Landry ML.
Hepatitis E virus infection in a liver transplant recipient: delayed diagnosis
due to variable performance of serologic assays. Transpl Infect Dis. 2013; 15:E166-8.
- Campbell S and Landry ML. Rapid Antigen Tests. In Advanced Techniques in Diagnostic Microbiology, 2nd edition, Kluwer Academic Publishers, 2012.
- Landry ML. Diagnosis of Influenza. Current Opinion In Pediatrics 23:91-97, 2011.
- Versalovic J, Carroll K, Funke G, Jorgensen J, Landry ML, Warnock D, Eds. Manual of Clinical Microbiology, 10th Edition, American Society of Microbiology, Washington DC, 2011.
- Landry ML and Ferguson D. Cytospin-enhanced immunofluorescence and impact of sample quality on diagnosis of novel swine-origin (H1N1) influenza virus. J Clin Microbiol 48:957-959, 2010.
- Kvach EJ, Ferguson D, Landry ML. Comparison of BD GeneOhm Cdiff Real-time PCR Assay with a Two-Step Algorithm and a Toxin A/B ELISA for Diagnosis of Toxigenic Clostridium difficile Infection. J Clin Microbiol 38:109-114, 2010.