Lori Ann Post PhD
Associate Professor of Emergency Medicine; Research Director; Faculty Affiliate - Yale Center for Medical Informatics; Research Scientist - Veteran's Administration
Elder Abuse; Gender-Based Violence; Demography; Domestic Violence; Evaluation; Injury; Methodology; Prevention; Program Evaluation; Research Design; Violence; Violence Against Women; Health Information Technology; Informatics
ED Disability Diagnostic
Tool: an HIT Feasibility Study
Consortium for Health Informatics
Health Information Technology to
Prevent Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation
Dr. Post's area of research expertise is in the nexus of violence/injury prevention and health information technology. To this end, she has been the principal investigator on several federal, state, and foundation grants.
- Post LA, Griffore R, Phenice L. Modeling Indicators of Patient Long-Term Care Placement. International Journal of Health, Wellness & Society. (In Press)
- Post LA, Biroscak B, Barboza GE. Prevalence of Sexual Violence. Violence Against Women and Children: Mapping the Terrain. Ed. by Jacquelyn White, Mary P. Koss, and Alan E. Kazdin. American Psychological Association, Washington, D.C. 2011; 4:101-123.
- Post LA, Mezey N, Maxwell C, Rhodes K. Using Capture-recapture to Estimate the Prevalence of Intimate Partner Violence: The Gender Symmetry Debate. The International Journal of Science in Society. 2011; 2(2):223-236.
- Zhang ZM, Page C, Conner TL, Post LA. Family Members' Reports of Non-Staff Abuse in Michigan Nursing Homes. Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect. 2012; 3. (In Press)
- Swierenga S, Abujarad F, Dennis T, Post LA. Real-World User-Centered Design: The Michigan Workforce Background Check System. Proceedings of the 2011 Human-Computer Interaction International Conference. Submission ID: 1613. (In Press)
- Gold SJ, Wibert WN, Bondartsova V, Biroscak BJ, Post LA. A Capture-Recapture Approach to Estimation of Refugee Populations. Journal of International Migration. (In Press)
- Schiamberg LB, Oehmke JF, Zhang ZM, Barboza GE, Griffore RJ, Von Heydrich L, Weatherill RP, Mastin T, Post LA. Physical Abuse of Older Adults in Nursing Homes: A Random Sample Survey of Adults with an Elderly Family Member in a Nursing Home. Journal of Elder Abuse & Neglect. (In Press)
- Post LA, Page C, Conner TL, Prokhorov A, Fang Y, Biroscak B. Elder Abuse in Long-Term Care: Types, Patterns, and Risk Factors. Research on Aging. 2010; 32(3): 323-348.
- Post LA, Smith PK, Meyer EM. Media Frames of Intimate Partner Homicide. Violence Against Women in Families and Relationships. Ed. by Evan Stark and Eve S. Buzawa. Praeger Perspectives. 2009; 4:59-79.
- Post LA, Salmon CT, Prokhorov A, Oehmke J, Swierenga S. Aging and Elder Abuse: Projections for Michigan. Applied Demography in the 21st Century. Ed. by Steve H. Murdock and David A. Swanson. Springer Science and Business Media. 2008;103-112.