Lawrence Howard Young MD
Professor of Medicine (Cardiology) and of Cellular and Molecular Physiology; Vice-Chairman, Department of Medicine
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Molecular Medicine, Pharmacology, and Physiology
Yale Medical Group
Cellular & Molecular Physiology: Graduate Program in Cellular and Molecular Physiology
Internal Medicine: Cardiology: Clinical Cardiology (Outpatient)YCVRC | Diabetes Endocrinology Research Center
Myocardial ischemia; metabolic adaptation to hypoxic stress; cardio-protection; cardiomyopathy; LKB1-AMPK pathway; diabetes more...
- AB, Brown University, 1976
- M.D., Yale University, 1980
- Zaha VG, Young LH. AMP-activated protein kinase regulation and biological actions in the heart. Circ Res. 2012; 111:800-814.
- Kim AS, Miller EJ, Wright TM, Li J, Qi D, Atsina K, Zaha V, Sakamoto K, Young LH. A small molecule AMPK activator protects the heart against ischemia-reperfusion injury. J Mol Cell Cardiol, 2011;51:24-32.
- Qi D, Hu X, Wu X, Merk M, Leng L, Bucala R, Young LH. Cardiac macrophage migration inhibitory factor inhibits JNK pathway activation and injury during ischemia-reperfusion. J Clin Invest 119:3807-3816, 2009.