Kirk H Shelley MD/PhD
Professor of Anesthesiology; Section Chief; Director, Ambulatory Anesthesia
pulse oximeter waveform analysis; photoplethysmography; Ambulatory Care; Anesthesiology; Biochemistry; Cardiovascular Diseases; Electrical Engineering Or Electronics; Internal Medicine; Medical Devices; Surgery; Medical Devices; Non-invasive Cardiovascular Monitoring; Patient Monitoring; Pulse Oximeter Research
Extensive experience in pulse oximeter waveform research and development of patient monitoring devices
- Zachary D Walton, Panayiotis Kyriacou, David G Silverman, Kirk H Shelley.
Measuring Venous Oxygen Saturation Using the Photoplethysmographic
Waveform. Journal of Clinical Monitoring and Computing 24 (4), p 295 (2010)
- Richa Wardhan and Kirk Shelley. Peripheral Venous Pressure Waveform.
Current Opinion in Anesthesiology 22 (6), p 814-21 (2009)
- Shelley, K. H. (2007). "Photoplethysmography: beyond the calculation of arterial oxygen saturation and heart rate." Anesth Analg 105(6 Suppl): S31-36.
- Shelley, Kirk H., Jablonka, Denis H., Awad, Aymen A., Stout, Robert G., Rezkanna, Hoda, Silverman, David G. (2006) What is the best site for measuring the effect of ventilation on the pulse oximeter waveform?, Anesth Analg, 103(2)372-377, Published
- Shelley, K. H., Awad, A. A., Stout, R. G., Silverman, D. G. (2006) The use of joint time frequency analysis to quantify the effect of ventilation on the pulse oximeter waveform, J Clin Monit Comput, 20(2)81-7, Published
- Ruskin KJ, Shelley KH, Patent Medicine and the "black Box"., Anesthesia and Analgesia, 100(5):1361-2, May 2005
- Shelley KH, Tamai D, Jablonka D, Gesquiere M, Stout RG, Silverman DG, The Effect of Venous Pulsation on the Forehead Pulse Oximeter Wave Form As a Possible Source of Error in Spo2 Calculation., Anesthesia and Analgesia, 100(3):743-7, table of cont, Mar 2005