Kimberly A. Davis MD MBA, FACS, FCCM
Professor of Surgery (Trauma); Chief of the Section of Trauma, Surgical Critical Care and Surgical Emergencies; Vice Chairman, Clinical Affairs, Department of Surgery; Trauma Director, Yale-New Haven Hospital; Surgical Director, Performance and Quality Improvement, Yale-New Haven Hospital
Inflammation; Infection; Ventilator associated pneumonia; Sepsis; Shock; Resuscitation trauma systems; Trauma outcomes; Performance improvement and outcomes
- Ditillo MF, Davis KA. Appendicitis. In: Luchette FL and Yelon JA (Eds), Geriatric Trauma and Emergency Care. New York: Springer, 2014.
- Maxfield M, Schuster KM, Bokhari J, McGillicuddy EA, Davis KA. “Predictive factors for failure of non-operative management in perforated appendicitis.” Journal of Trauma, 2014, 76, 976-981.
- Schuster KM, Barre K, Inzucchi SE, Udelsman R, Davis KA. “Continuous glucose monitoring in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit: Concordance with capillary glucose.” Journal of Trauma, 2014, 76, 798-803.
- Ditillo MF, Pandit V, Rhee P, Aziz H, Bhattacharya B, Friese RS, Davis KA, Joseph B. “Obesity predisposes trauma patients to worse outcomes: A National Trauma Data Bank analysis.” Journal of Trauma, 2014, 76, 176-179.
- Piper GL, Maerz LL, Schuster KM, Maung AA, Luckianow GM, Davis KA, Kaplan LJ. “When the ICU is the OR.” Journal of Trauma, 2013, 74, 871-875.
- Wang M-L, Schuster KM, Bhattacharya B, Maung AA, Kaplan LJ, Davis KA. “Repositioning endotracheal tubes in the intensive care unit: depth of changes poorly correlate with postrepositioning radiographic location.” Journal of Trauma, 2013, 75, 146-149.
- Fonseca AL. Schuster KM, Maung AA. Kaplan LJ, Lui FY, Davis KA. “Routine nasogastric decompression in small bowel obstruction: Is it really necessary?” American Surgeon, 2013, 79, 422-428.
- Abbed KA and Davis KA. Spinal Column and Spinal Cord Injury. In: Britt LD, Barie P, Jurkovich G and Peitzman A (Eds), Acute Care Surgery (Second Edition). Philadelphia: Lippencott, Williams and Wilkins, 2012.
- Schuster KM and Davis KA. Diaphragm. In Mattox KL, Moore EE and Feliciano DV. Trauma, 7th edition. New York : McGraw Hill, 2012.
- Maung AA and Davis KA. Perioperative nutritional support: Immunosuppression, probiotics and anabolic steroids. In Kaplan LK and Rosenbaum SH (eds), Surgical Clinical of North America “Management of Peri-operative Complications.” Philadelphia: Elsevier Saunders, 2012, 92(4), 273-283.