I am interested in outcomes and trauma prevention in elderly individuals. I am also interested in continuous glucose monitoring and control of blood sugar in critically ill patients. I have additional interests in the most cost effective treatment strategies of emergency surgical disease.
- Schuster KM, Davis KA, Lui FY, Maerz LL, Kaplan LJ. The Status of Massive Transfusion Protocols in United States Trauma Centers: Massive Transfusion or Massive Confusion? Transfusion. 2010;50:1545-51.
- Maung AA, Kaplan LJ, Schuster KM, Johnson DC, Davis KA. Routine / protocol evaluation of trauma patients with suspected syncope is unnecessary. J Trauma. 2011;70:428-32.
- McGillicuddy EA, Lischuk AW, Schuster KM, Kaplan LJ, Maung AM, Lui FY, Bokari SAJ, Davis KA. Development of a CT-based scoring system for necrotizing soft tissue infections. J Trauma. 2011;70:894-9.
- Schuster KM, Macleod JBA, Fernandez JB, Kumar M, Barquist ES. Adrenocorticotropic hormone and cortisol response to corticotropin releasing hormone in the critically ill – a novel assessment of the hypothalamic-pitiuitary-adrenal axis. Am J Surg. In press.
- Schuster KM, McGillicuddy EA, Maung AA, Kaplan LJ, Davis KA. Can acute care surgeons perform emergency colorectal procedures with good outcomes? J Trauma. In press.
- Mcgillicuddy EA, Schuster KM, Brown E, Maxfield MW, Davis KA, Longo WE. Acute cholecystitis in the elderly: use of CT and correlation with ultrasonography. Am J Surg. In press.