Ketan Ramanlal Bulsara MD
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery; Director of Neuroendovascular and Skull Base Surgery Programs
Dr. Ketan R. Bulsara is an Associate professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at the Yale University School of Medicine. He is a board certified neurosurgeon. He is one of only a select few neurosurgeons in the country who is dual fellowship trained in skull base/cerebrovascular microsurgery and endovascular neurosurgery.
He has won numerous awards from the American Association of Neurological Surgeons and the Congress of Neurological Surgeons. Dr. Bulsara has consistently been listed as one of the top physicians and surgeons in the United States by the Consumer Research Group of America based in Washington D.C.
Prior to his appointment at Yale, he directed the Walter Dandy Neurosurgical Intensive Care unit and served as the Director of Skull Base and Cerebrovascular neurosurgery at the University of Missouri-Columbia.
Dr. Bulsara is a frequently invited national and international lecturer. He has published 3 books and over 100 peer reviewed publications. He is the current president of the American Association of South Asian Neurosurgeons. He was appointed to serve on the AANS Maintenance of Certification/CME Committee and is the Vice Chair Elect for the AANS/CNS Cerebrovascular Section.
Education & Training
- Davidson College (1992)
- Duke University (1996)
- Duke University Medical Center, Neurosurgery (1997 - 2003)
- University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Skull Base/Cerebrovascular microsurgery (2003 - 2004)
- Duke University Medical Center, Endovascular Neurosurgery (2006 - 2007)
- Board Certification
- Neurological Surgery, Board Certified (2007)
Honors & Recognition
- Recognized as one of America’s Top Surgeons
Consumer Research Group of America
- AcademicKeys Who’s Who in Higher Medical Education
- Augustus McCravey Award Southern Neurosurgical Association Senior