Keith Adam Choate MD, PhD, FAAD
Associate Professor of Dermatology, of Genetics and of Pathology
Departments & Organizations
Yale Combined Program in the Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS)
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchCancer Center, Yale: Cancer Genetics & GenomicsDermatology: General Dermatology: Yale Dermatology Associates; Choate Lab PI | Pathology: Dermatopathology | Genetics
Human Genetics; Genodermatoses; Gene Discovery; Genetic Mosaicism; Disorders of keratinization; Mosaic skin disorders; Stem cell biology; Developmental biology; Epidermal differentiation; Sequencing technology more...
- B.S., Stanford University, 1995
- Ph.D., Yale University, 2000
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 2004
- Choate KA, Lu Y, Zhou J, Choi M, Elias P, Farhi A, Nelson-Williams C, Crumrine D, Williams ML, Nopper AJ, Bree AF, Milstone LM, Lifton RP. 2010. Mitotic recombination in patients with ichthyosis causes reversion of dominant mutations in KRT10. Science. 330:94-7. PMID: 20798280.
- Yang CS, Lu Y, Farhi A, Nelson-Williams C, Khasgarian M, Glusac EJ, Lifton RP, Antaya RA, Choate KA. An incompletely penetrant novel mutation in COL7A1 causes epidermolysis bullosa pruriginosa and dominant dystrophic epidermolysis bullosa phenotypes in an extended kindred. 2012. Pediatric Dermatology. In Press.
- Ko CJ, McNiff JM, Bosenberg M, Choate K. Keratoacanthoma: clinical and histopathologic features of regression. 2012. J Am Acad Dermatol, Accepted for publication.