Joseph T King MD, MSCE
Associate Professor of Neurosurgery; Chief, Neurosurgery at VA Connecticut Healthcare System; Director, Neurosurgical Outcomes Research; Chair, VA Neurosurgery Surgical Advisory Board
Departments & Organizations
measurement of patient-oriented outcomes and quality of life (QOL) in patients with neurologic disease; incorporating patient preferences into neurosurgical decision-making; cost-effectiveness analyses; using large databases to examine health care systems issues more...
- BS, Boston College, 1983
- M.D., Yale University School of Medicine, 1988
- M.Sc., University of Pennsylvania, 1995
- King JT Jr, Gordon AJ, Perkal MF, Crystal S, Rosenthal RA, Rodriguez MC, Butt AA, Gibert CL, Rimland D, Simberkoff MS, Justice AC. Disparities in rates of spine surgery for degenerative disease between HIV infected and uninfected veterans. Spine 2012; 37: 612-622.
- Dubrow R, King JT Jr, Darefsky AS. Adult glioblastoma multiforme survival in the temozolomide era: a population-based analysis of Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results registries. Cancer 2012;118:2163-2172.
- King JT Jr, Goulet JL, Perkal MF, Rosenthal RA. Glycemic control and infections in patients with diabetes undergoing non-cardiac surgery. Ann Surg 2011; 253:158-165.