John Harley Warner PhD
Avalon Professor in the History of Medicine and Professor of American Studies and of History; Chair, History of Medicine
Departments & Organizations
History of Medicine
history of medicine, medical education, professionalism, public health, clinical medicine, experimental life science more...
- M.A., University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1977
- Ph.D., Harvard University, 1984
- “The Humanizing Power of Medical History: Responses to Biomedicine in the 20th-Century United States,” Medical Humanities, forthcoming; and an earlier version: Journal of Peking University (Philosophy and Social Sciences) [in Chinese], forthcoming.
- Dissection: Photographs of a Rite of Passage in American Medicine, 1880-1930, 2009; with James M. Edmonson.
- Locating Medical History: The Stories and Their Meanings, Baltimore and London, Johns Hopkins Univ. Press, March 2004, co-edited with Frank Huisman, paperback edition, 2006.