Coronary Artery Bypass; Genetics; Heart Aneurysm; Aortic Aneurysm, Thoracic
Dr. Elefteriades has published over 350 scientific research articles on heart disease and diseases of the aorta. He has authored 10 books. He is Editor-in-Chief of the journal AORTA.
- Percy A, Widman S, Rizzo JA, Tranquilli M, Elefteriades JA. Deep hypothermic circulatory arrest in patients with high cognitive needs: full preservation of cognitive abilities. Ann Thorac Surg. 2009;87:117-23. Selected for Faculty of 1000 Medicine as one of most important articles published in medicine.
- Elefteriades J, Singh M, Tang P, Siegel MD, Kenney B, Pandey A, Kopf GS. Unilateral diaphragm paralysis: etiology, impact, and natural history. J Cardiovasc Surg (Torino). 2008;49:289-95.
- Wang Y, Barbacioru CC, Shiffman D, Balasubramanian S, Iakoubova O, Tranquilli M, Albornoz G, Blake J, Mehmet NN, Ngadimo D, Poulter K, Chan F, Samaha RR, Elefteriades JA. Gene expression signature in peripheral blood detects thoracic aortic aneurysm. PLoS ONE. 2007;2:e1050.
- Davies RR, Coe MP, Mandapati D, Gallo A, Botta DM, Elefteriades JA, Coady MA. Thoracic Surgery Directors Association Award. What is the optimal management of late-presenting survivors of acute type A aortic dissection? Ann Thorac Surg. 2007;83:1593-601; discussion 1601-2.
- Albornoz G, Coady MA, Roberts M, Davies RR, Tranquilli M, Rizzo JA, Elefteriades JA. Familial thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections--incidence, modes of inheritance, and phenotypic patterns. Ann Thorac Surg. 2006;82:1400-5.
- Koullias G, Modak R, Tranquilli M, Korkolis DP, Barash P, Elefteriades JA. Mechanical deterioration underlies malignant behavior of aneurysmal human ascending aorta. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2005;130:677-83.