Assistant Professor in the History of Medicine and of History
Departments & Organizations
Anthropology & Culture
History of Medicine
History of biology, medicine, and anthropology since 1945; Scientific expeditions; Biomedical ethics, human subjects research, collections, and laboratories; History of global health; Biomedical technology.
- B.S., Cornell University, 2002
- M.S., Cornell University, 2004
- M.S., University of Pennsylvania, 2007
- Ph.D., University of Pennsylvania, 2012
- Joanna Radin. (forthcoming) “Planning for the Past: Cryopreservation and the Endangerment Sensibility at the Farm, Zoo, and Museum” in Fernando Vidal and Nelia Das (eds), Endangerment, Biodiversity and Culture. Routledge.
- Joanna Radin.(forthcoming) “Planned Hindsight: Banking Frozen Life at the Zoo and Natural History Museum”, Journal of Cultural Economy
- Joanna Radin. (2014) “Collecting Human Subjects,” Curator 57(2).