Joan K. Monin PhD
Assistant Professor of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases)
Aging; Caregiving; Emotion; Health; Attachment
- Monin, J. K., Schulz, R., & Feeney, B. C. (in press). Compassionate Love in Individuals With Alzheimer's Disease and Their Spousal Caregivers: Associations With Caregivers' Psychological Health. The Gerontologist
- Monin, J. K., Chen, B. & Stahl, S. (in press). Dyadic associations between physical activity and depressive symptoms in older adults with musculoskeletal conditions and their spouses. Stress & Health.
- Monin, J. K., Zhou, L., & Kershaw, T. (2014). Attachment and psychological health of older couples coping with pain. Geropsych: The Journal of Gerontopsychology and Geriatric Psychiatry, 27, 3, 115-127.
- Monin, J. K., Schulz, R., Martire, L. M., Connelly, D., & Czaja, S. J. (2013). The Personal Importance of Being Independent: Associations With Changes in Disability and Depressive Symptoms. Rehabilitation Psychology, 59, 1, 35-41.
- Monin, J. K., Schulz, R. & Kershaw, T. (2013). Caregiving spouses’ attachment orientations and the physical and psychological health of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease. Aging and Mental Health, 17, 4, 508-516.
- Monin, J. K., Schulz, R., Lemay, E. P., Jr., & Cook, T. B. (2012). Linguistic markers of emotion regulation and cardiovascular reactivity among older caregiving spouses. Psychology & Aging, 27, 4, 903-911.
- Monin, J. K., Schulz, R., Martire, L. M., Jennings, J. R., Lingler, J. H., & Greenberg, M. S. (2010). Spouses' cardiovascular reactivity to their partners' suffering. Journals of Gerontology: Psychological Sciences, 65B, 2, 195-201.
- Monin, J. K., Schulz, R., Feeney, B. C., & Cook, T. B. (2010). Attachment insecurity and perceived partner suffering as predictors of personal distress. Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, 46, 6, 1143-1147.
- Monin, J. K. & Schulz, R. (2009). Interpersonal effects of suffering in older adult caregiving relationships. Psychology and Aging, 24, 3, 681-695.
- Schulz, R., Beach, S. R., Hebert, R. S., Martire, L. M., Monin, J. K., Tompkins, C. A., Albert, S. M. (2009). Spousal suffering and partner's depression and cardiovascular disease: The Cardiovascular Health Study. American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry, 17, 3, 1354-1372.