Jeanette Marie Tetrault MD, FACP
Assistant Professor of Medicine (General Medicine)
Substance abuse; HIV; Hepatitis C
HIV Resistance patterns in patients on Opioid Agonist Treatment
Evaluation of SBIRT Training Program
Establish HCV treatment program in an Opioid Agonist Treatment Program
Dr. Tetrault's research interests include substance abuse and infections related to substance abuse, specifically, HIV and Hepatitis C. She examines epidemiologic factors associated with substance use disorders with a focus on prescription drug abuse. Her work has described the impact of marijuana inhalation on pulmonary function, the unique features of women with prescription opioid dependence, and the prevalence of substance use disorders in patients diagnosed with sexually transmitted infections.
- Tetrault JM, Tate JP, McGinnis K, Goulet JL, Sullivan LE, Bryant K, Justice AC, Fiellin DA. Hepatic safety and antiretroviral effectiveness in HIV-infected patients receiving naltrexone. Alcoholism: Clinical and Experimental Research. 2011. In press.
- Tetrault JM, Green ML, Martino S, Thung SF, Degutis LC, Ryan SA, Martel S, Pantalon MV, Bernstein SL, O’Connor PG, Fiellin DA, D’Onofrio G. Developing and Implementing a Multi-specialty Graduate Medical Education Curriculum on Screening, Brief Intervention and Referral to Treatment (SBIRT). Substance Abuse. 2011. In press.
- Gordon AJ, Kunins HV, Rastegar DA, Tetrault JM, Walley AY. 2010 Update in Addiction Medicine for the Generalist.Journal of General Internal Medicine. 2011;26(1):77-82
- Tetrault JM, Fiellin DA, Niccolai LM, Sullivan LE. Substance use in patients with sexually transmitted infections: Results from a national U.S. survey. The American Journal on Addictions. 2010; 19: 504-509.
- Tetrault JM, O’Connor PG Opioid intoxication and withdrawal. In Principles of Addiction Medicine, 4th edition. American Society of Addiction Medicine. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, Inc. Philadelphia, PA. 2009. pp 589-603.
- Tetrault JM, O’Connor PG Substance abuse and withdrawal in the critical care setting. Critical Care Clinics. 2008 24: 767-788.
- Tetrault JM, Sauler M, Wells CK, Concato J. Reporting of multivariable methods in the medical literature Journal of Investigative Medicine. 2008 56(7): 954-957.
- Tetrault JM, Desai RA, Becker WC, Fiellin DA, Concato J, Sullivan LE Gender and non-medical use of prescription opioids: Results from a national U.S. survey. Addiction. 2008 103 (2): 258-268.
- Tetrault JM, Crothers K, Moore BA, Mehra R, Concato J, Fiellin DA.
Effects of marijuana smoking on pulmonary function and respiratory complications: A systematic review. Archives of Internal Medicine. 2007; 167:221-228.