Janet C. Lindow
Associate Research Scientist in Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases)
immunopathogenesis; leptospirosis; infectious diseases; neglected tropical diseases; epidemiology; immunology; diagnostics and vaccine development
Immunology of leptospirosis and whether long-term immunity to Leptospira infection occurs after an infection.
Create the infrastructure to implement vaccine trials at the Fiocruz field sites.
- Lindow, JC, Durbin AP, Whitehead SS, Carmolli MP, Pierce KK, and Kirkpatrick BD. Vaccination with 10 live dengue viruses leads to distinct immunologic and virologic profiles. J Infect Dis. 2013; 207(6):957-65.
- Durbin AP, Kirkpatrick BD, Pierce K, Larsson CJ, Lindow JC, et al. A single dose of four separate live attenuated tetravalent dengue vaccine admixtures is safe and highly immunogenic in flavivirus-naïve adult volunteers. J Inf Diseases. doi: 10.1093/infdis/jis936.
- Lindow, JC, Borochoff-Porte N, Durbin AP, Whitehead SS, Fimlaid KA, Bunn JY, and BD Kirkpatrick. Primary Vaccination with Low Dose Live Dengue 1 Virus Generates a Proinflammatory, Multifunctional T Cell Response in Humans. PLoS Neglected Tropical Diseases 6(7): e1742.
- Lindow JC, Fimlaid, KA, Bunn, JY and Kirkpatrick BD. Antibodies in action: the role of human opsonins in killing Salmonella enterica serovar Typhi. Inf and Immunity 2011; 79 (8): 3188-3194.
- Lindow JC*, Poly, F*, Tribble DR, Guerry P, Carmolli MP, Baqar S, Porter CK, Pierce KK, Darsley MJ, Sadigh KS, Dill EA, The Campylobacter Study Team, Kirkpatrick BD. Caught in the act: In vivo development of macrolide resistance to Campylobacter jejuni infection. J Clin Microbiol 2010; 48 (8):