Extensive Research Description
My most current activities have been related to the design, conduct, and interpretation of data for large, industry sponsored, cardiovascular outcomes trials in the area of atherosclerosis, thrombosis, hypertension, and diabetes. I am a subject matter expert in use of vascular imaging biomarkers to assess the clinical efficacy of pharmaceutical agents in slowing the progression of atherosclerosis.
- Bots ML, Taylor AJ, Kastelein JJ, Peters SA, den Ruijter HM, Tegeler CH, Baldassarre D, Stein JH, O'Leary DH, Revkin JH, Grobbee DE. Rate of change in carotid intima-media thickness and vascular events: meta-analyses can not solve all the issues. A point
- Domanski M, Pocock S, Bernaud C, Borer J, Geller N, Revkin J, Zannad F. Surrogate endpoints in randomized cardiovascular clinical trials. Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2011 Aug;25(4):411-3
- Revkin JH, Shear CL, Pouleur HG, Ryder SW, Orloff DG. Pharmacol Rev. Biomarkers in the prevention and treatment of atherosclerosis: need, validation, and future. 2007 Mar;59(1):40-53.
- Barter PJ, Caulfield M, Eriksson M, Grundy SM, Kastelein JJP, Komajda M, Lopez-Sendon J, Mosca L, Tardif J-C, Waters DD, Shear CL, Revkin JH, Buhr KA, Fisher MR, Tall AR, and Brewer B. Effects of torcetrapib in patients at high risk for coronary events. N
- Bots ML, Visseren FL, Evans GW, Riley WA, Revkin JH, Tegeler CH, Shear CL, Duggan WT, Grobbee DE, Vicari RM, Kastelein JJ. Torcetrapib and progression of carotid intima-media thickness in mixed dyslipidemia. The RADIANCE II study. The Lancet. 2007 370:153
- Kastelein JJP, van Leuven S, Burgess L, Evans GW, Kuivenhoven JA, Barter PJ, Revkin JH, Grobbee DE, Riley WA, Shear CL, Duggan WT, and Bots ML, for the RADIANCE 1 investigators. Effect of torcetrapib on progression of carotid atherosclerosis in heterozygo
- Nissen SE, Tardif J-C, Nicholls SJ, Revkin JH, Shear CL, Duggan WT, Ruzyllo W, Bachinsky WB, Lasala GP, Tuzcu EM, for the Illustrate Investigators. Effect of torcetrapib on the progression of coronary atherosclerosis. N Engl J Med. 2007 356:1304-1316.
- JJP, van Leuven S, Evans GW, Riley WA, Revkin JH, Shear CL, and Bots ML, on behalf of the RADIANCE 1 and 2 study investigators. Designs of RADIANCE 1 and 2: carotid ultrasound studies comparing the effects of torcetrapib/atorvastatin with atorvastatin alo