Breast Neoplasms; Head and Neck Neoplasms; Urogenital Neoplasms; Central Nervous System Neoplasms; Radiotherapy, Intensity-Modulated
My research centers on investigating 1) The comparative effectiveness of new radiation technologies using large observational and claims-based datasets, 2) Disparities in access to effective cancer care, and 3) Improving the quality of life of patients undergoing radiotherapy.
Specialized Terms: Genitourinary cancers; Central nervous system cancers; Breast cancer; Head and neck cancer; IMRT; Health outcomes and utilization research
- Wang EH, Corso CD, Rutter CE, Park HS, Chen AB, Kim AW, Wilson LD, Decker RH, Yu JB. Postoperative radiation therapy is associated with improved overall survival in incompletely resected stage II and III non-small cell lung cancer. J Clin Oncol. 2015 Jun 22.
- Maroongroge S, Kim SP, Mougalian S, Johung K, Decker RH, Soulos PR, Long JB, Gross CP, Yu JB. The Cost of cancer-related physician services to Medicare. Yale J Biol Med. 2015;88:107-14.
- Bui DL, Yu JB. Trends in adjuvant and neoadjuvant radiotherapy for cancer treatment from 1973-2011. Cancer J. 2015;21:147-149.
- Yu JB, Soulos PR, Cramer LD, Decker RH, Kim AW, Gross CP. Comparative effectiveness of surgery and radiosurgery for stage I non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer. 2015;121:2341-9.
- Campbell AM, Glover J, Chiang VL, Gerrard J, Yu JB. Gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgical thalamotomy for intractable tremor: A systematic review of the literature. Radiother Oncol. 2015;114:296-301.
- Maroongroge S, Dosoretz AP, Kim SP, Gross CP, Yu JB. Revisiting the sustainable growth rate "hole": sources of healthcare cost stabilization in 2010-2012. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014;90:983-5.
- Park HS, Decker RH, Wilson LD, Yu JB.Prophylactic Cranial Irradiation for Patients With Locally Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer at High Risk for Brain Metastases.Clin Lung Cancer. 2015 Jul;16(4):292-7. d
- Wang EH, Mougalian SS, Soulos PR, Smith BD, Haffty BG, Gross CP, Yu JB. Adoption of intensity modulated radiation therapy for early-stage breast cancer from 2004 through 2011. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2015 Feb 1;91(2):303-11
- Yu JB, Sandler HM. Stereotactic body radiation therapy: Let's not give up on progress. Pract Radiat Oncol. 2015 May-Jun;5(3):193-6.
- Jagsi R, Bekelman JE, Chen A, Chen RC, Hoffman K, Shih YC, Smith BD, Yu JB. Considerations for observational research using large data sets in radiation oncology. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014 Sep 1;90(1):11-24.
- Wang EH, Mougalian SS, Soulos PR, Rutter CE, Evans SB, Haffty BG, Gross CP, Yu JB. Adoption of hypofractionated whole-breast irradiation for early-stage breast cancer: a National Cancer Data Base analysis. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014 Dec 1;90(5):993-1000.
- Yang DX, Gross CP, Soulos PR, Yu JB. Estimating the magnitude of colorectal cancers prevented during the era of screening: 1976 to 2009.Cancer. 2014 Sep 15;120(18):2893-901.
- Yeboa DN, Xu X, Jones BA, Soulos P, Gross C, Yu JB. Trend in Age and Racial Disparities in the Receipt of Postlumpectomy Radiation Therapy for Stage I Breast Cancer: 2004-2009. Am J Clin Oncol. 2014 May 29
- Batouli A, Jahanshahi P, Gross CP, Makarov DV, Yu JB. The global cancer divide: relationships between national healthcare resources and cancer outcomes in high-income vs. middle- and low-income countries. J Epidemiol Glob Health. 2014 Jun;4(2):115-24.
- Wang C, Roberts KB, Bindra RS, Chiang VL, Yu JB. Delayed cerebral vasculopathy following cranial radiation therapy for pediatric tumors. Pediatr Neurol. 2014 Jun;50(6):549-56
- Lester-Coll NH, Dosoretz AP, Yu JB. Decision analysis of stereotactic radiation surgery versus stereotactic radiation surgery and whole-brain radiation therapy for 1 to 3 brain metastases. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2014 Jul 1;89(3):563-8
- Yu JB, Cramer LD, Herrin J, Soulos PR, Potosky AL, Gross CP. Stereotactic body radiation therapy versus intensity-modulated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: comparison of toxicity. J Clin Oncol. 2014 Apr 20;32(12):1195-201.
- Aneja S, Yu JB. Comparative effectiveness research in radiation oncology: stereotactic radiosurgery, hypofractionation, and brachytherapy. Semin Radiat Oncol. 2014 Jan;24(1):35-42.
- Lloyd S, Buscariollo DL, Gross CP, Makarov DV, Yu JB. Determinants of enrollment in cancer clinical trials: the relationship between the current state of knowledge, societal disease burden, and randomized clinical trial enrollment. J Natl Compr Canc Netw. 2013 Aug;11(8):928-36.
- Aneja S, Khullar D, Yu JB. The influence of regional health system characteristics on the surgical management and receipt of post operative radiation therapy for glioblastoma multiforme. J Neurooncol. 2013 May;112(3):393-401
- Yu JB. Prostate cancer: Interpreting cost-utility analysis of prostate cancer treatment. Nat Rev Urol. 2013 Mar;10(3):129-31.
- Jairam V, Roberts KB, Yu JB. Historical trends in the use of radiation therapy for pediatric cancers: 1973-2008. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2013 Mar 1;85(3):e151-5.
- Yu JB, Soulos PR, Herrin J, Cramer LD, Potosky AL, Roberts KB, Gross CP. Proton versus intensity-modulated radiotherapy for prostate cancer: patterns of care and early toxicity. J Natl Cancer Inst. 2013 Jan 2;105(1):25-32.
- Aneja S, Pratiwadi RR, Yu JB. Hypofractionated radiation therapy for prostate cancer: risks and potential benefits in a fiscally conservative health care system. Oncology (Williston Park). 2012 Jun;26(6):512-8.
- Aneja S, Yu JB. The impact of county-level radiation oncologist density on prostate cancer mortality in the United States. Prostate Cancer Prostatic Dis. 2012 Dec;15(4):391-6.
- Raldow AC, Chiang VL, Knisely JP, Yu JB. Survival and intracranial control of patients with 5 or more brain metastases treated with gamma knife stereotactic radiosurgery. Am J Clin Oncol. 2013 Oct;36(5):486-90.
- Park HS, Gross CP, Makarov DV, Yu JB. Immortal time bias: a frequently unrecognized threat to validity in the evaluation of postoperative radiotherapy. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Aug 1;83(5):1365-73
- Yu JB, Soulos PR, Sharma R, Makarov DV, Decker RH, Smith BD, Desai RA, Cramer LD, Gross CP. Patterns of care and outcomes associated with intensity-modulated radiation therapy versus conventional radiation therapy for older patients with head-and-neck cancer. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 May 1;83(1):e101-7.
- Yu JB, Schulder M, Knisely J. Radiosurgical dose selection for brain metastasis. Prog Neurol Surg. 2012;25:139-47.
- Aneja S, Gross CP, Soulos PR, Yu JB. Geographical information systems: applications and limitations in oncology research. Oncology (Williston Park). 2011 Nov 15;25(12):1221-5.
- Park HS, Chiang VL, Knisely JP, Raldow AC, Yu JB. Stereotactic radiosurgery with or without whole-brain radiotherapy for brain metastases: an update. Expert Rev Anticancer Ther. 2011 Nov;11(11):1731-8.
- Aneja S, Smith BD, Gross CP, Wilson LD, Haffty BG, Roberts K, Yu JB. Geographic analysis of the radiation oncology workforce. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2012 Apr 1;82(5):1723-9.
- Yu JB, Decker RH, Detterbeck FC, Wilson LD. Surveillance epidemiology and end results evaluation of the role of surgery for stage I small cell lung cancer. J Thorac Oncol. 2010 Feb;5(2):215-9.
- Yu JB, Makarov DV, Sharma R, Peschel RE, Partin AW, Gross CP. Validation of the partin nomogram for prostate cancer in a national sample. J Urol. 2010 Jan;183(1):105-11.
- Raldow A, Hamstra DH, Kim SN, Peschel RE, Yu JB. Salvage radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer after Radical Prostatectomy: Current Status and Controversy. Oncology (Williston Park). 2010;24:692-700, 702. PMID 20718248.
- Yu JB, Wilson LD, Dasgupta T, et al. Postmastectomy radiation therapy for lymph node-negative, locally advanced breast cancer after modified radical mastectomy: analysis of the NCI Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database. Cancer. 2008;113:38-47.
- Raldow A, Hamstra DH, Kim SN, Yu JB. Adjuvant Radiotherapy after Radical Prostatectomy: Evidence and Analysis. Cancer Treatment Reviews. 2010 Jul 26. [Epub ahead of print]. PMID 20667660
- Yu JB, Makarov DL, Gross CP. A New Formula for Prostate Cancer Lymph Node Risk. Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys. 2010 Jun 30 [Epub ahead of print]. PMID 20594769.
- NCI SEER public-use data: applications and limitations in oncology research. Yu JB, Gross CP, Wilson LD, Smith BD. Oncology (Williston Park). 2009 Mar;23(3):288-95. Review.
- Yu JB, Blitzblau RC, Decker RH, et al. Analysis of primary CD30+ cutaneous lymphoproliferative disease and survival from the Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results database. J Clin Oncol. 2008;26:1483-1488.