Curriculum; Cystic Fibrosis; Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics
I have two general areas of research interest. I develop educational material used for training doctors locally and at many residency programs across the country. I study the impact that these materials have on physician training.
Within the Yale Cystic Fibrosis Center, my patients have access to participate in research trials of new therapies.
Specialized Terms: Medical education; Curriculum development and evaluation; Cystic fibrosis; Transition of care
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM, eds. Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum, Version 10. 2016. Available from: pcpc.yale.edu
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM. Evaluation of a Case-Based Primary Care Pediatric Conference Curriculum. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2011; 3:224-231.
- Talwalkar JS, Fahs DB, Kayingo G, Wong, RL, Jeon S, Honan L. Readiness for interprofessional learning among healthcare professional students. International Journal of Medical Education. 2016;7:144-148.
- Chatterjee A, Qin L, de la Paz Garcia M, Talwalkar JS. Improving linguistic and cultural competence in the health sector: a medical Spanish curriculum for residents. Journal of Spanish Language Teaching. 2015;2:36-50.
- Talwalkar JS, Satcher D, Turner TL, Sisson SD, Fenick AM. Use of extramural ambulatory care curricula in postgraduate medical training. Perspectives on Medical Education. 2015;4:93-97.
- Talwalkar JS. JoVE Science Education Database, Essentials of Physical Examinations I: General Approach to the Physical Examination. Journal of Visualized Experiments. 2016. Cambridge, MA, doi: 10.3791/10043
- Talwalkar JS, Murray TS. The approach to Pseudomonas aeruginosa in cystic fibrosis. Clinics in Chest Medicine. 2016;37:69-81.