Curriculum; Cystic Fibrosis; Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Pediatrics
I have two general areas of research interest. I develop educational material used for training doctors locally and at many residency programs across the country. I study the impact that these materials have on physician training.
Within the Yale Cystic Fibrosis Center, my patients have access to participate in research trials of new therapies.
Specialized Terms: Medical education; Curriculum development and evaluation; Cystic fibrosis; Transition of care
Extensive Research Description
"Multicenter evaluation of a pediatric primary care conference series" - a quantitative evaluation of the Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum
"Attitudes and perceptions about interprofessional collaboration among health professions students" - a survey-based evaluation of students in four different health professions programs at Yale
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM, eds. Yale Primary Care Pediatrics Curriculum, Version 7. 2013. Available from: pcpc.yale.edu
- Chatterjee A, Talwalkar JS. An innovative medical Spanish curriculum for residents. Medical Education. 2012;46:521-2.
- Talwalkar JS, Ouellette JR, Alston S, Buller GK, Cottrell D, Genese T, Vaezy A. A structured workshop to improve the quality of resident discharge summaries. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2012;4:87-89.
- Rabin T, Talwalkar JS. Transition from Pediatric to Adult-Oriented Healthcare. Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Resources Guide. North American Cystic Fibrosis Conference. Anaheim, CA. 2011.
- Talwalkar JS, Fenick AM. Evaluation of a Case-Based Primary Care Pediatric Conference Curriculum. Journal of Graduate Medical Education. 2011; 3:224-231.
- Curran DR, McArdle JR, Talwalkar JS. Diabetes Mellitus and Bone Disease in Cystic Fibrosis. Seminars in Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine. 2009;30(5): 514-30.