Herbert Yu MD, PhD
Professor (Adjunct) of Epidemiology (Chronic Diseases)
Departments & Organizations
Gene-environment interaction in cancer development and progression; Energy balance and mitogenic growth factors in cancer; Lifestyle's impact on epigenetic regulation in relation to cancer risk and prognosis; Molecular markers for cancer detection, prognosis and treatment more...
- M.D., Shanghai Medical University, 1983
- M.Sc., University of Toronto, 1990
- Ph.D., University of Toronto, 1996
- Ratner E, Lu L, Boeke M, Barnett R, Nallur S, Chin LJ, Pelletier C, Blitzblau R, Tassi R, Paranjape T, Hui P, Godwin AK, Yu H, Risch H, Rutherford T, Schwartz P, Santin A, Matloff E, Zelterman D, Slack FJ, Weidhaas JB. A KRAS-Variant in Ovarian Cancer Acts as a Genetic Marker of Cancer Risk. Cancer Res. 2010; 70(16):6509-15.
- Petersen GM, Amundadottir L, Fuchs CS, Kraft P, Stolzenberg-Solomon RZ, Jacobs KB, Yu H, et al. A genome-wide association study identifies pancreatic cancer susceptibility loci on chromosomes 13q22.1, 1q32.1 and 5p15.33. Nat Genet 2010 Jan; 42(3):224-30.
- Fowke JH, Matthews CE, Yu H, Cai Q, Cohen S, Buchowski MS, Zheng W, Blot WJ. Racial Differences in the Association between Body Mass Index (BMI) and Serum IGF-1, IGF-2, and IGFBP-3. Endocr Relat Cancer 2010 Jan; 17(1):51-60.