Public Health Interests
Aging; Chronic disease management; Depression; HIV/AIDS; Psychological Trauma; Schizophrenia
- Simon-Areces, J., Dietrich, MO, Hermes, G, and T. Horvath, UCP2 regulates neuronal differentiation of the hippocampus and related adult behavior, PLoS ONE 2012, 7(8):e42911.
- Hermes, G., Li, N., Duman, C. and R. Duman, Post-weaning chronic social isolation produces significant behavioral dysregulation with decreases in prefrontal cortex synaptic-associated protein and glutamate receptor expression in female rats. Physiology an
- Hermes, G., Delgado, B., Krausz, T., Conzen, S., and M. K. McClintock, Social isolation dysregulates stress and behavioral responses and increases the burden and malignancy of spontaneous mammary tumors. Proceedings of the National Academy, 2009, 106(52)
- Hermes, G, James W Ajioka, Krystyna A Kelly, Ernest Mui, Fiona Roberts, Kristen Kasza, Thomas Mayr, Michael J Kirisits, Robert Wollman, David Ferguson, Craig W Roberts, Jong-Hee Hwang, Toria Trendler, Richard P Kennan, Yasuhiro Suzuki, Catherine Reardon,
- Hermes, G. and M. K. McClintock. Isolation and the timing of mammary gland development, gonadarche, and estropause: implications for mammary tumor burden. Developmental Psychobiology, 2007, 50(4):353-60.
- Hermes, G. Rosenthal, L. Montag, A. and M.K. McClintock. Social isolation and the inflammatory response: Sex differences in the enduring effects of a prior stressor. American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 2006,
- Hermes, G., Jacobs, L. and M. K. McClintock. A novel foraging field to quantify spatial cognition, learning, and memory (2005). Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 84(1):69-73