Public Health Interests
Aging; Chronic disease management; Depression; HIV/AIDS; Psychological Trauma; Schizophrenia
- Gretchen Hermes, David Nagy, Michael Waterson, Attila Zsarnovszky, Luis Varela, Mihaly Hajos, Tamas L. Horvath, Molecular Metabolism, Published online: April 8 2016.
- Hermes, G. and Gao, XB. Frontiers in Systems Neuroscience. 2015 Oct 21;9:142.
- Simon-Areces, J., Dietrich, MO, Hermes, G, and T. Horvath, UCP2 regulates neuronal differentiation of the hippocampus and related adult behavior, PLoS ONE 2012, 7(8):e42911.
- Hermes, G., Li, N., Duman, C. and R. Duman, Post-weaning chronic social isolation produces significant behavioral dysregulation with decreases in prefrontal cortex synaptic-associated protein and glutamate receptor expression in female rats. Physiology and Behavior, Special Issue on Stress, 2010, 104(2011): 354-359.
- Gretchen L. Hermes, Bertha Delgado, Maria Tretiakova, Sonia A. Cavigelli, Thomas Krausz, Suzanne D. Conzen, and Martha K. McClintock. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009 Dec 29; 106(52): 22393–22398.
- Hermes, G, James W Ajioka, Krystyna A Kelly, Ernest Mui, Fiona Roberts, Kristen Kasza, Thomas Mayr, Michael J Kirisits, Robert Wollman, David Ferguson, Craig W Roberts, Jong-Hee Hwang, Toria Trendler, Richard P Kennan, Yasuhiro Suzuki, Catherine Reardon, Adam W Hickey, Lieping Chen and Rima McLeod. Neurological and behavioral abnormalities, ventricular dilatation, altered cellular functions, inflammation, and neuronal injury in brains of mice due to common, persistent, parasitic infection. Journal of Neuroinflammation, 2008,5:48.
- Hermes, G. and M. K. McClintock. Isolation and the timing of mammary gland development, gonadarche, and estropause: implications for mammary tumor burden. Developmental Psychobiology, 2007, 50(4):353-60.
- Hermes, G. Rosenthal, L. Montag, A. and M.K. McClintock. Social isolation and the inflammatory response: Sex differences in the enduring effects of a prior stressor. American Journal of Physiology: Regulatory, Integrative and Comparative Physiology, 2006, 290:R273-R282.
- Hermes, G., Jacobs, L. and M. K. McClintock. A novel foraging field to quantify spatial cognition, learning, and memory (2005). Neurobiology of Learning and Memory, 84(1):69-73
- Hermes, Gretchen and Gerard Sanacora, "Ketamine’s Mechanism of Rapid Antidepressant Activity: Evidence from Preclinical Studies." In Ketamine for Treatment-Resistant Depression: The First Decade of Progress, eds. Sanjay J. Mathew and Carlos A. Zarate Jr. Springer International Publishing, 2016.