Gordon Buchanan MD PhD
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Departments & Organizations
Neurology: General Neurology
Sleep; Arousal mechanisms; Epilepsy; SUDEP; circadian rhythms more...
- B.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1995
- M.S., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1997
- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2003
- M.D., University of Illinois, College of Medicine, 2004
- Richerson, G.B. and G.F. Buchanan. The serotonin axis: Shared mechanisms in seizures, depression and SUDEP. Epilepsia. 2011, 52(Suppl 1):28-38.
- Buchanan, G.F. and G.B. Richerson. Central serotonin neurons are required for arousal to CO2. Proc. Natl. Acad. Aci. USA. 2010, 107(37): 16354-16359.
- Buchanan, G.F. and G.B. Richerson. Role of chemoreceptors in mediating dyspnea. Resp Physiol Neurobiol. 2009, 167(1): 9-19.