Gilbert Moeckel MD, PhD, FASN
Associate Professor of Pathology; Director, Renal Pathology and Electron Microscopy Labratory; Director, Renal & Genitourinary Fellowship Program
Departments & Organizations
Progression of renal fibrosis; progression of chronic kidney disease; acute kidney injury; regenerative medicine; acute tubular injury repair more...
- M.D., Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munchen, Munich, 1989
- Ph.D., Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitat Munchen, Munich, 1993
- Palmer MB, Vichot AA, Cantley LG, Moeckel GW. Quantification and localization of M2 macrophages in human kidneys with acute tubular injury. Int J Neph Ren Dis. 2014;7:415-419
- Huen SC, Huynh L, Marlier A, Lee Y, Moeckel GW, Cantley LG. GM-CSF Promotes Macrophage Alternative Activation after Renal Ischemic/Reperfusion Injury. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2014 Nov 11.
- Chen D, Chen Z, Zhang Y, Park C, Al-Omari A, Moeckel GW. Role of medullary progenitor cells in epithelial cell migration and proliferation. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol. 2014 Jul 1;307(1):F64-74.