Gary M Israel MD
Professor of Diagnostic Radiology and of Urology; Chief, Body Computed Tomography (CT)
Gary Israel, MD, Associate Professor and Chief of Computed Tomography, comes to Yale from NYU Medical Center. Dr. Israel earned his medical degree at New York Medical College, and completed a residency and fellowship in diagnostic radiology at Montefore Medical Center and New York University Medical Center, respectively.
Dr. Israel’s expertise is abdominal imaging with a particular focus on genitourinary imaging (GU), using both CT and MRI. He has particular interest in the CT and MR evaluation of renal masses and CT and MR urography, which can replace the IV pyelogram (IVP). He also has expertise in GI radiology including CT colonography (also known as a ‘virtual’ colonoscopy) as well as 3D post-processing techniques.
Education & Training
- New York Medical College (1994)
- Montefiore Medical Center, Bronx, NY, Diagnostic Radiology
- New York University, NY, Diagnostic Radiology
- Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- Board Certification
- Radiology, Diagnostic, Board Certified (1999)