Affective Disorders, Psychotic; Depressive Disorder; Schizophrenia; Teaching; Cultural Diversity; Schizophrenia and Disorders with Psychotic Features
Adherence to medication in persistent mental disorders. Mental Health Services for Latino Populations: exploring influences affecting access and retention. Exploring effective methods to teach cultural sensitivity. Participating in a cultural formulation interview pilot an international effort to address culture in DSM 5.
Extensive Research Description
The Latino Behavioral Health, an expansion of mental health services to primary care and community agencies includes an evaluation.
Development methods to teach cultural competence and sensitivity
Cultural Formulation Interview for DSM 5.
- Lim, R., Diaz E., Ton, H. Cultural Competence in Psychiatric Education Using the Cultural Formulation Interview in Lewis-Fernandez R., Aggarwal, N., Hinton, L., Hinton, D., Kirmayer, L. (Editors) DSM-5 Handbook on the Cultural Formulation Interview. Acce
- Diaz, E., Armah, T., Hinton, L. “Supplementary Module: Social Network” in Lewis-Fernandez R., Aggarwal, N., Hinton, L., Hinton, D., Kirmayer, L. (Editors) DSM-5 Handbook on the Cultural Formulation Interview. Accepted for Publication. American Psychiatri
- Diaz, E. Silva, M., Garcia-Aracena F., Paris, M., Anez, L., Barkil-Oteo, A., Delphin, M. “Cultural Psychiatry and Public Health” in Steiner, J. & Jacobs, S. (Editors) Yale Textbook of Public Psychiatry Accepted for Publication, Oxford Press
- Díaz E, Miskemen T, Vega WA, Gara M, Wilson DR, Lesser I, Escamilla M, Neighbors HW, Arndt S, Strakowski S. Inconsistencies in diagnosis and symptoms among bilingual and English-speaking Latinos and Euro-Americans. Psychiatr Serv. 2009 Oct;60(10):1379-82
- Diaz E, Woods SW, Rosenheck RA. Effects of ethnicity on psychotropic medications adherence. Community Ment Health J. 2005 Oct;41(5):521-37.