Ted Melnick MD, FACEP
Clinical Instructor in Emergency Medicine and Residential College Associate Fellow in Faculty of Arts and Sciences
clinical practice guideline implementation; clinical decision support; clinical informatics; health services research
- ACEP Clinical Policy on Critical Issues in the Evaluation and Management of Adult Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Seizures
- History, Methodology, and Impact of the ACEP Clinical Policies
- Derivation and Validation of Risk Estimates for Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Minor Head Injury
- Testing Threshold Decision Analysis for CT in Minor Head Injury
- Qualitative Analysis: Factors Influencing Appropriate Use of CT in Minor Head Injury
- Melnick ER, Szlezak CM, Bentley SK, Dziura JD, Kotlyar S, Post LA. Overuse of CT for mild traumatic brain injury. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2012;38:483-489.
- Kaplowitz SA, Perlstadt H, D’Onofrio G, Melnick ER, Baum C, Kirrane BM, Post LA. The predictive value of self-report questions in a clinical decision rule for pediatric lead poisoning screening. Public Health Reports. 2012;127:375-382.
- Melnick ER, Nielson JA, Finnell JT, Bullard MJ, Cantrill SV, Cochrane DG, Halamka JD, Handler JA, Holroyd BR, Kamens D, Kho A, McClay J, Shapiro JS, Teich J, Wears RL, Patel SJ, Ward MF, Richardson LD. Delphi consensus on the feasibility of translating the ACEP clinical policies into computerized clinical decision support. Ann Emerg Med. 2010 Oct;56(4):317-20.
- Melnick ER, Genes NG, Chawla NK, Akerman M, Baumlin KM, Jagoda A. Knowledge translation of the American College of Emergency Physicians' clinical policy on syncope using computerized clinical decision support. Int J Emerg Med. 2010 Jun 1;3(2):97-104.
- Nelson BP, Melnick ER, and Li J. Portable ultrasound for remote environments, Part I: feasibility of field deployment. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2011;40:190-7.
- Nelson BP, Melnick ER, and Li J. Portable ultrasound for remote environments, Part II: current indications. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2011;40:313-21.
- Melnick ER, Melnick JR, Nelson BP. Pelvic ultrasound in acute appendicitis. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2010;38:240-242.
- Suchard JR, Melnick ER. Clinicopathological Conference: 29-year-old with visual loss, hypertension, and a seizure. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2007;14:819-24.