Medical Informatics; Quality of Health Care
Extensive Research Description
- Derivation and Validation of Risk Estimates for Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Minor Head Injury
- Testing Threshold Decision Analysis for CT in Minor Head Injury
- Qualitative Analysis: Factors Influencing Appropriate Use of CT in Minor Head Injury
- Huff JS, Melnick ER, Tomaszewski CA, Thiessen ME, Jagoda AS, Fesmire FM. ACEP Clinical Policy: Critical Issues in the Evaluation and Management of Adult Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department With Seizures. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2014;63:4
- Melnick ER. An outdated solution. The New York Times. January 21, 2014:D6. URL: http://nyti.ms/1jpBOQm
- Melnick ER, Szlezak CM, Bentley SK, Dziura JD, Kotlyar S, Post LA. Overuse of CT for mild traumatic brain injury. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2012;38:483-489.
- Kaplowitz SA, Perlstadt H, D’Onofrio G, Melnick ER, Baum C, Kirrane BM, Post LA. The predictive value of self-report questions in a clinical decision rule for pediatric lead poisoning screening. Public Health Reports. 2012;127:375-382.
- Melnick ER, Nielson JA, Finnell JT, Bullard MJ, Cantrill SV, Cochrane DG, Halamka JD, Handler JA, Holroyd BR, Kamens D, Kho A, McClay J, Shapiro JS, Teich J, Wears RL, Patel SJ, Ward MF, Richardson LD. Delphi consensus on the feasibility of translating th
- Melnick ER, Genes NG, Chawla NK, Akerman M, Baumlin KM, Jagoda A. Knowledge translation of the American College of Emergency Physicians' clinical policy on syncope using computerized clinical decision support. Int J Emerg Med. 2010 Jun 1;3(2):97-104.
- Nelson BP, Melnick ER, and Li J. Portable ultrasound for remote environments, Part I: feasibility of field deployment. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2011;40:190-7.
- Nelson BP, Melnick ER, and Li J. Portable ultrasound for remote environments, Part II: current indications. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2011;40:313-21.
- Melnick ER, Melnick JR, Nelson BP. Pelvic ultrasound in acute appendicitis. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2010;38:240-242.
- Suchard JR, Melnick ER. Clinicopathological Conference: 29-year-old with visual loss, hypertension, and a seizure. Academic Emergency Medicine. 2007;14:819-24.