Brain Concussion; Health Services Research; Medical Informatics; Quality of Health Care
Public Health Interests
- Rogers RL, Narvaez Y, Venkatesh AK, Fleischman W, Hall MK, Taylor RA, Hersey D, Sette L, Melnick ER. Improving emergency physician performance using audit and feedback: a systematic review. Am J Emerg Med. 2015 Oct;33(10):1505-14.
- Redefining Overuse to Include Costs: A Decision Analysis for Computed Tomography in Minor Head Injury. Melnick ER, Keegan J, Taylor RA. Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2015;41(7):313-2
- Back to the Bedside: Developing a Bedside Aid for Concussion and Brain Injury Decisions in the Emergency Department. Melnick, Edward R.; Lopez, Kevin; Hess, Erik P.; Abujarad, Fuad; Brandt, Cynthia A.; Shiffman, Richard N.; and Post, Lori A. (2015) eGEMs (Generating Evidence & Methods to improve patient outcomes): Vol. 3: Iss. 2, Article 6. Available at: http://repository.academyhealth.org/egems/vol3/iss2/6
- Comparative Effectiveness Research: Alternatives to "Traditional" Computed Tomography Use in the Acute Care Setting. Moore CL, Broder J, Gunn ML, Bhargavan-Chatfield M, Cody D, Cullison K, Daniels B, Gans B, Kennedy Hall M, Gaines BA, Goldman S, Heil J, Liu R, Marin JR, Melnick ER, Novelline RA, Pare J, Repplinger MD, Taylor RA, Sodickson AD. Acad Emerg Med. 2015 Nov 17. doi: 10.1111/acem.12831. [Epub ahead of print]
- Huff JS, Melnick ER, Tomaszewski CA, Thiessen ME, Jagoda AS, Fesmire FM. ACEP Clinical Policy: Critical Issues in the Evaluation and Management of Adult Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department With Seizures. Annals of Emergency Medicine. 2014;63:437-447.
- Melnick ER. An outdated solution. The New York Times. January 21, 2014:D6. URL: http://nyti.ms/1jpBOQm
- Melnick ER, Szlezak CM, Bentley SK, Dziura JD, Kotlyar S, Post LA. Overuse of CT for mild traumatic brain injury. The Joint Commission Journal on Quality and Patient Safety. 2012;38:483-489.
- Kaplowitz SA, Perlstadt H, D’Onofrio G, Melnick ER, Baum C, Kirrane BM, Post LA. The predictive value of self-report questions in a clinical decision rule for pediatric lead poisoning screening. Public Health Reports. 2012;127:375-382.
- Melnick ER, Nielson JA, Finnell JT, Bullard MJ, Cantrill SV, Cochrane DG, Halamka JD, Handler JA, Holroyd BR, Kamens D, Kho A, McClay J, Shapiro JS, Teich J, Wears RL, Patel SJ, Ward MF, Richardson LD. Delphi consensus on the feasibility of translating the ACEP clinical policies into computerized clinical decision support. Ann Emerg Med. 2010 Oct;56(4):317-20.
- Melnick ER, Genes NG, Chawla NK, Akerman M, Baumlin KM, Jagoda A. Knowledge translation of the American College of Emergency Physicians' clinical policy on syncope using computerized clinical decision support. Int J Emerg Med. 2010 Jun 1;3(2):97-104.
- Nelson BP, Melnick ER, and Li J. Portable ultrasound for remote environments, Part I: feasibility of field deployment. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2011;40:190-7.
- Nelson BP, Melnick ER, and Li J. Portable ultrasound for remote environments, Part II: current indications. Journal of Emergency Medicine. 2011;40:313-21.