Edward H Kaplan
William N. and Marie A. Beach Professor of Management and Professor of Public Health (Health Policy)
Departments & Organizations
Health Policy & Systems
MacMillan Center: Middle East Studies
School of Public Health: Secondary Faculty
Operations research for public policy and management; Homeland security and counter terror operations research; HIV/AIDS policy and management issues; Applied probabilistic modeling and statistics more...
- B.A., McGill University, 1977
- M.S., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1979
- MAST OTHER, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1979
- M.S., Massachusetts, 1982
- Ph.D., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 1984
- Nature Plays with Dice - Terrorists Do Not: Allocating Resources to Counter Strategic and Probabilistic Risks, European Journal of Operational Research, 192:198-208, 2009 (with Boaz Golany, Avi Marmur and Uri Rothblum).
- Estimation of HIV incidence in the United States, Journal of the American Medical Association, 300:520-529, 2008 (with H. Irene Hall, Ruiguang Song, Philip Rhodes, Joseph Prejean, Qian An, Lisa Lee, John Karon, Ron Brookmeyer, Matthew McKenna, and Robert Janssen).
- Suicide bombings and targeted killings in (counter) terror games, Journal of Conflict Resolution 51:772-792, 2007 (with Daniel Jacobson).