Ted White PhD, MPH
Associate Research Scientist in Epidemiology (Microbial Diseases)
NIDA 1R21 MH090920-01A1 (White) 01/01/2011– 12/31/2013Online Respondent-Driven Sampling & Data Collection for Men who have Sex with Men
The aims of this research are to assess the ability of online respondent-driven sampling to recruit MSM, to determine the degree to which data gathered through online respondent-driven sampling meets criteria for RDS weighting, and to investigate the feasibility of obtaining biological specimens using this method, with the goal of evaluating its feasibility to produce more representative data from hidden populations.
NIDA 1R01DA023408-01(Heimer, Uusküla)07/01/2010- 06/30/2015Influences on HIV Prevalence and Service Access among IDUs in Russia and Estonia
The aim of this research is to identify the extent to which membership in ethnic minority status and stigma are correlated with HIV prevalence among injectors and their access to HIV prevention and care services in St. Petersburg, Russia and Kohtla-Jarve, Estonia.
07/01/2007- 04/30/2012Environmental Factors in HIV Transmission among Suburban IDUs
The aims of this grant are to conduct a longitudinal study of injection drug users who reside in the suburbs and investigate the impact of whether they inject in their home towns or in the nearby cities on risks related to syringe-borne virus transmission, the prevalence and incidence of HIV, hepatitis B, and hepatitis C, and the engagement with the criminal justice system.
- White, E., Lumley, T., Goodreau, S., Goldbaum, G., & Hawes, S.E. (2010). Stochastic models to demonstrate the effect of motivated testing on HIV incidence estimates using the serologic testing algorithm for recent HIV seroconversion (STARHS). Sexually Transmitted Infections. Epub 2010 November 8. PMID: 21062766
- White, E., Goldbaum, G., Goodreau, S., Lumley, T., & Hawes, S.E. (2010). Interpopulation variation in HIV testing promptness may introduce bias in HIV incidence estimates using the serologic testing algorithm for recent HIV seroconversion. Sexually Transmitted Infections, 86(4), 254-257. Epub 2010 Jun 24. PMID: 20576914
- Heimer, R., & White, E. (2010) Estimation of the number of injection drug users in St Petersburg, Russia. Drug and Alcohol Addiction, 109(1-3), 79-83. Epub 2010 Jan 13. PMID: 20060238
- Grau, L.E., White, E., Niccolai, L.M., Toussova, O.V., Verevochkin, S.V., Kozlov, A.P., & Heimer, R. (2010). HIV disclosure, condom use, and awareness of HIV infection among HIV-positive, heterosexual drug injectors in St. Petersburg, Russian Federation. AIDS & Behavior. Epub 2010 Aug 11. PMID: 20700645.
- Beletsky, L., Grau, L.E., White, E., Bowman, S., & Heimer, R. (2010). The roles of law, client race, and program visibility in shaping police interference with the operation of US syringe exchange programs. Addiction. Epub 2010 Nov 4. PMID: 21054615
- Song, R., Karon, J.M., White, E., & Goldbaum, G. (2006). Estimating the distribution of a renewal process from times at which events from an independent process are detected. Biostatistics, 62(3), 838-846. PMID: 16984327