Derrick M Gordon PhD
Assistant Professor of Psychiatry; Director, Research, Policy and Program on Male Development, The Consultation Center
- Gordon, D. M.; Iwamoto, D.; Watkins, N.; Kershaw, T.; Mason, D. & Judkins, A. (2011) Promoting Responsible Fatherhood Programming: Factors Impacting Fathers’ Involvement in Child Protection Services and Court Restricted Access to their Children. Journal of Poverty: Innovations on Social, Political, & Economic Inequalities, 15 (2), 184-205.
- Gordon, D.M., Walling, S. M., Watkins, N. D., Wilhelm, S. and Rayford, B. S. (2011). Adolescent Fathers Involved with Child Protection: Social Workers Speak! Child Welfare, 90 (5), 95 -114
- Gordon, D.M.; Hunter, B.; Woods, L. N.; Tinney, B.; Bostic, B.; Malone, S.; Kimbro, G.; Greenlee, D.; Fabish, S.; and Smith, A. (2012). Increasing outreach, connection and services to low-income, non-custodial fathers: How did we get here and what do we know? Fathering: A Journal of Research, Theory, and Practice, 10 (1), 101-111.
- Gordon, D. M.; Oliveros, A.; Hawes, S. W.; Iwamoto, D. K.; Rayford, B. S. (2012) Engaging fathers in child protection services: A review of factors and strategies across ecological systems. Children and Youth Services Review, 34 (8), 1399-1417.
- Iwamoto, D. K.; Gordon, D. M.; Oliveros, A.; Lanza, S.; Dyson, W. (2012). The Role of Masculine Norms and Informal Support on Mental Health in Incarcerated Men. Psychology of Men & Masculinity, 13 (3), 283-293.
- Gordon, D. M.; Hawes, S. W.; Perez-Cabello, M. A.; Brabham-Hollis, T.; Lanza, A. S.; & Dyson, W. J. (2013). Examining masculine norms and peer supports within a sample of incarcerated African American males. Psychology of Men and Masculinity. 14 (1), 59-64.