Denis Sukhodolsky PhD
Assistant Professor in the Child Study Center
Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy for Irritability in Adolescents with High-Functioning Autism. This form of CBT has been well-studied in typically developing children with disruptive behavior and we are investigating if this treatment can be feasible and helpful, with appropriate modifications, for irritability and disruptive behavior in ASD.
Randomized Trial of Parent Training for Young Children with Autism. (R01 MH081148) The goal of this multi-site clinical trial is to evaluate the efficacy of a structured parent training compared to parent education in 3- to 6-year-old children with autism spectrum disorders.
EEG coherence in children with TS: Association with ADHD and tic severity. (R03 MH09458301) This is an investigation of mesial-frontal EEG coherence during performance of a motor inhibition task as a biomarker of tic regulation in children with Tourette Syndrome.
Neurobiology of behavior therapy for children with Tourette Syndrome (KO1 MH079130). Randomized controlled study of behavioral therapy in children with Tourette Syndrome where EEG is collected before, during and after treatment in order to gain insight into the brain mechanisms of this treatment.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Landeros-Weisenberger, A., Scahill, L., Leckman, J. F., & Schultz, R.T. (2010) Neuropsychological functioning in children with Tourette Syndrome with and without Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 49. (11):1155–1164.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G, Vitulano, L. A., Carroll, D. H., McGuire, J., Leckman, J. F. & Scahill, L. (2009). Randomized Trial of Anger Control Training for Adolescents with Tourette Syndrome and Disruptive Behavior. Journal of the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry,48, 413-421
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Scahill, L., Gadow, K. D., Arnold, L. E., Aman, M. G., McDougle, C. J., MacCracken, J. T, Tierney, E., Williams White, S., Lecavalier, L., Vitiello, B. (2008), Parent-Rated Anxiety Symptoms in Children with Pervasive Developmental Disorders: Frequency and Association with Core Autism Symptoms and Cognitive Functioning, Journal of Abnormal Child Psychology, 36, 117-128.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Leckman, J. F., Rothenberger, A., & Scahill, L. (2007). The role of abnormal neural oscillations in the pathophysiology of co-occurring Tourette Syndrome and Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. European Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 16 [suppl 1], I/51-I/59.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., & Ruchkin, V. V. (2006). Evidence-based psychosocial treatments in the juvenile justice system. Child and Adolescent Psychiatric Clinics of North America, 15, 501-516.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Rosario-Campos, M. C., Scahill, L., Katsovich, L., Pauls, D.L., Peterson, B.S., King, R.A., Lombroso, P.J., Findley, D.B, & Leckman, J.F. (2005) Adaptive, Emotional and Family Functioning in Children with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder with and without Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder. The American Journal of Psychiatry, 162, 1125-1132
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Cardona, L., & Martin, A. (2005). Characterizing aggressive and noncompliant behaviors in a children’s psychiatric inpatient setting. Child Psychiatry and Human Development, 36, 177-193.
- Sukhodolsky, D. G., Scahill, L., Zhang, H, Peterson, B. S., King, R. A., Lombroso, P. F., Katsovich, L., Findley, D., & Leckman, J. F. (2003). Disruptive Behavior in Children with Tourette’s Syndrome: Association with ADHD Comorbidity, Tic Severity, and Functional Impairment. Journal of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry, 42, 98-105.