David Daiho Yuh MD
Professor of Surgery (Section of Cardiac Surgery); Section Chief
Cardiac valvular disease; Minimally-Invasive Approaches to Cardiac Surgery; Surgical Robotics; Computational Cardiac Modeling; Three-Dimensional Echocardiography
Computational Cardiac Modeling Using Advanced Imaging Techniques
Neurocognitive Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery
Improving Cardiac Surgical Outcomes in the Elderly
Mechanical Circulatory Assist Devices/Strategies
Minimally-Invasive Interventions for Structural Cardiac Disease
My research interests lie in improving surgical robotic technology and developing computational models of the heart with advanced imaging techniques to improve preoperative surgical planning of complex reconstructive cardiac operations.
- Kumar R and Jog A, Vagvolgyi B, Tantillo T, Chen CCG, Nguyen H, Hager G, Yuh D. Operational skill assessment for robotic surgical training. 11th Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Poster, San Antonio, TX, 2011.
- Burlina P, Sprouse C, DeMenthon D, Juang R, Jorstad A, Contijoch F, McVeigh E, Abraham T, Yuh D. Patient-specific cardiac surgical planning using 4D echocardiography. IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2010; in press.
- Sprouse C, Yuh D, Abraham T, Burlina P. Computational hemodynamic modeling based on transesophageal echocardiographic imaging. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2009; 1:3649-52.
- Reiley CE, Akinbiyi T, Burschka D, Chang DC, Okamura AM, Yuh DD. Effects of visual force feedback on robot-assisted surgical task performance. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008; 135(1):196-202.
- Weiss E, Nwakanma L, Yuh DD. Outcomes in patients older than sixty undergoing orthotopic heart transplantation: an analysis of UNOS data. J Heart Lung Transplant 2008; 27:184-191.
- Weiss ES, Chang DC, Joyce DL, Nwakanma L, Yuh DD. Optimal timing of coronary artery bypass after acute myocardial infarction: A review of California Discharge Data. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008; 135(3):503-511 . e1-3. Epub 2008 Feb 21.