Analytical, Diagnostic and Therapeutic Techniques and Equipment; Technology, Industry, Agriculture
My research interests lie in improving surgical robotic technology and developing computational models of the heart with advanced imaging techniques to improve preoperative surgical planning of complex reconstructive cardiac operations.
Extensive Research Description
Computational Cardiac Modeling Using Advanced Imaging Techniques
Neurocognitive Outcomes in Cardiac Surgery
Improving Cardiac Surgical Outcomes in the Elderly
Mechanical Circulatory Assist Devices/Strategies
Minimally-Invasive Interventions for Structural Cardiac Disease
- Lebastchi AH, Tackett JJ, Argenziano M, Calhoon JH, Gasparri MG, Halkos ME, Hicks, Jr. GL, Iannettoni MD, Ikonomidis, JS, McCarthy PM, Starnes SL, Tong BC, Yuh DD. First nationwide survey of US integrated 6-year cardiothoracic residency program directors.
- Kilic A, Shah AS, Conte JV, Baumgartner WA, Yuh DD. Operative outcomes in mitral valve surgery: The combined effect of surgeon and hospital volume in a population-based analysis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2013; 146(3):638-646.
- Kumar R, Jog A, Vagvolgyi B, Hager GD, Chen CCG, Yuh DD. Objective measures for longitudinal assessment of robotic surgery training. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2012; 143(3):528-34.
- Kumar R and Jog A, Vagvolgyi B, Tantillo T, Chen CCG, Nguyen H, Hager G, Yuh D. Operational skill assessment for robotic surgical training. 11th Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Poster, San Antonio, TX, 2011.
- Burlina P, Sprouse C, DeMenthon D, Juang R, Jorstad A, Contijoch F, McVeigh E, Abraham T, Yuh D. Patient-specific cardiac surgical planning using 4D echocardiography. IEEE Trans Med Imaging 2010; in press.
- Sprouse C, Yuh D, Abraham T, Burlina P. Computational hemodynamic modeling based on transesophageal echocardiographic imaging. Conf Proc IEEE Eng Med Biol Soc. 2009; 1:3649-52.
- Reiley CE, Akinbiyi T, Burschka D, Chang DC, Okamura AM, Yuh DD. Effects of visual force feedback on robot-assisted surgical task performance. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008; 135(1):196-202.
- Weiss ES, Chang DC, Joyce DL, Nwakanma L, Yuh DD. Optimal timing of coronary artery bypass after acute myocardial infarction: A review of California Discharge Data. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2008; 135(3):503-511 . e1-3. Epub 2008 Feb 21.