A. David Paltiel MBA, PhD
Professor of Public Health (Health Policy), of Faculty of Arts and Sciences and of Management
Operations research; Disease simulation modeling
- Evaluating the Link Between HIV Prevention and Treatment
- Making Better Decisions: Policy Modeling for AIDS and Drug Abuse
- Cost-effectiveness of Preventing AIDS Complications
- Optimizing HIV Care in Less Developed Countries.
Professor Paltiel is an expert in the field of operations research and
disease simulation modeling. He conducts cost-effectiveness analyses on
a variety of medical technologies and public health activities. His
current research focuses on model-based evaluation of HIV/AIDS testing,
prevention, treatment, and care in vulnerable and underserved
populations in the United States and abroad. He has served as a member
of the editorial boards of both Medical Decision Making and Value in
- Fitzpatrick MC, Hampson K, Cleaveland S, Mzimbiri I, Lankester F, Lembo T, Meyers LA, Paltiel AD, and Galvani AP. Cost-effectiveness of canine vaccination to prevent human rabies in rural Tanzania. Annals of Internal Medicine (2014) 160:91-100.
- Walensky RP, Ross EL, Kumarasamy N, Wood R, Noubary F, Paltiel AD, Nakamura YM, Godbole SV, et al. The Cost-Effectiveness of HIV Treatment as Prevention: Analysis of HPTN 052. New England Journal of Medicine (2013) 369:1715-1725.
- Yazdanpanah Y, Perelman J, Dilorenzo MA, Alves J, Barros H, Mateus C, Pereira J, Kamal Mansinho K, Robine M, Park J, Ross EL, Losina E, Walensky RP, Noubary F, Freedberg KA, and Paltiel AD. Routine HIV Screening in Portugal: Clinical Impact and Cost-Effectiveness. PLoS ONE (2013) 8: e84173.
- Walensky RP, Park J-E, Wood R, Freedberg KA, Scott CA, Bekker L-G, Losina E, Mayer KH, Seage GR, and Paltiel AD. The Cost-Effectiveness of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis for HIV Infection in South African Women. Clinical Infectious Diseases (2012) 54:1504-1513.
- Paltiel AD and Walensky RP. Home HIV testing: Good news but not a game changer. Annals of Internal Medicine (2012) 157:744-746.
- Suter LG, Paltiel AD, Rome BN, Solomon DH, Golovaty I, Gerlovin H, Katz JN, and Losina E. Medical Device Innovation — Is “Better” Good Enough? New England Journal of Medicine (2011) 365:1464-6.
- Luz PM, Vanni T, Medlock J, Paltiel AD, Galvani AP. Dengue vector control strategies in an urban setting: an economic modelling assessment. Lancet (2011) 377:1673-80.