Daniel Kevles Ph.D., Princeton, History
(Leave of absence) Stanley Woodward Prof History; Professor of American Studies; Adjunct Prof. of Law
Departments & Organizations
interplay of science and society past and present; history of science in America; history of modern physics; history of modern biology, scientific fraud and misconduct; history of intellectual property in living organisms; history of science, arms, and the state more...
- B.A., Princeton University, 1960
- Ph.D., Princeton University, 1964
- Inventing America: A History of the United States, coauthored with Alex Keyssar, Pauline Maier, and Merritt Roe Smith (New York: W.W. Norton, 2002; 2nd edition forthcoming, 2005)
- The Code of Codes: Scientific and Social Issues in the Human Genome Project, edited with Leroy Hood Harvard University Press, 1992; (paperback, 1993); published in Germany (Artemis and Winkler), 1994 and in Japan (Ague Shotu-Sha), 1997.
- In the Name of Eugenics: Genetics and the Uses of Human Heredity Alfred A. Knopf, 1985; University of California Press,1986 (paperback); Harvard University Press, 1995 (paperback with new preface). Also published in England (Penguin), Japan (Asahi), Spain (Editions Planeta), France (Presse Universitaire de France).