Daniel C. DiMaio MD, PhD
Waldemar Von Zedtwitz Professor of Genetics and Professor of Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry and of Therapeutic Radiology; Scientific Director, Yale Cancer Center; Deputy Director, Yale Cancer Center
Departments & Organizations
Biological and Biomedical Sciences (BBS): Microbiology | Molecular Cell Biology, Genetics and Development: Genetics and Genomics | Biochemistry, Biophysics and Structural Biology
Center for RNA Science and Medicine, Yale
Molecular Biophysics and Biochemistry
Therapeutic Radiology: Radiobiology
Molecular Biology of Tumor Viruses; Mechanisms of Viral Carcinogenesis; Molecular Basis of Cell Growth Regulation and Senescence; Manipulating Cells and Viruses with Artificial Transmembrane Proteins; Oncogenes; Senescence ; Signal Transduction; Trans-membrane Proteins; Tumor Suppressor Genes; Virology; Virus more...
- M.D., Johns Hopkins University, 1978
- Ph.D., Johns Hopkins University, 1981
- Scheideman, L.H., Marlatt, S.A., Xie, Y., Hu., Y., Sutton, R., and DiMaio, D. (2012) Transmembrane protein aptamers that inhibit CCR5 expression and HIV co-receptor function. J. Virol, Jul 18. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22811524
- Magaldi, T.G., Almstead, L.L., Bellone, S., Prevatt, E.G., Santin, A.D., and DiMaio, D. (2012) Primary human cervical carcinoma cells require human papillomavirus E6 and E7 expression for ongoing proliferation. Virology 422: 114-124.
- Magaldi, T.G., Buch, M.H.C, Murata, H, Erickson, K.D., Garcea, R.L., Peden, K., Stehle, T., and DiMaio, D. (2012) Mutations in the GM1 binding site in SV40 VP1 alter receptor usage and cellular tropism. J. Virol. 86: 4028-7042. PMID:2251435.