Atrial Fibrillation; Gadolinium; Liver; Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Radiology
Peters' research is motivated by the desire to generate new imaging methods to improve current diagnostic methods for cardiovascular disease, and improve effectiveness of therapies. She focuses on magnetic resonance imaging. Her group has developed technology for electrophysiologists who treat patients with electrical abnormalities in the heart. These MRI methods allow electrophysiologists to see tissue characteristics responsible for electrical changes. They have also developed new methods for rapid imaging, using underesampled radial MR acquisition strategies. Mosty important, is to develop MRI methods in close collaboration with cardiologists and radiologists to detect early disease and monitor therapy.
Peters is also committed to training a new generation of biomedical imaging scientists. She believes in providing an environment with excellent MRI resources, knowledge about state of the art methods, and important questions in collaboration with clinicians and scientists, to generate creative new solution in medical imaging.
Specialized Terms: Magnetic Resonance Imaging; Atrial fibrillation; Radial imaging; Late gadolinium enhancement; Cardiac imaging
Extensive Research Description
- Liver imaging--new techniques
- Imaging of scar in patients with ventricular tachycardia and atrial fibrillation.
- New techniques for improving spatial resolution, motion, and contrast
- application to patients.
- Radial imaging with new reconstruction algorithms
- CAIPI with application to respiratory motion.
Recurrence of atrial fibrillation correlates with the extent of post-procedural late gadolinium enhancement: a pilot study.
Peters DC, Wylie JV, Hauser TH, Nezafat R, Kissinger KV, Goddu B, Han Y, Woo J, Josephson ME, Manning WJ. Recurrence of atrial fibrillation correlates with the extent of post-procedural late gadolinium enhancement: a pilot study. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2009 Mar;2(3):308-16
- Han Y, Peters DC, Manning WJ. A shorter myocardium and blood optimal inversion time difference suggests diffuse fibrosis in dilated cardiomyopathy, JMRI 2009:30:967-972.
Left ventricular infarct size, peri-infarct zone, and papillary scar measurements: A comparison of high-resolution 3D and conventional 2D late gadolinium enhancement cardiac MR.
Peters DC, Appelbaum EA, Dokhan B, et al. LV Infarct Size and Peri-Infarct Zone and Papillary Scar Measurements: A Comparison of High Resolution, 3D and Conventional 2D Late Gadolinium Enhancement Cardiac MR. JMRI 2009 30: 794-800.
Centering the Projection Reconstruction Trajectory.
Peters DC, Derbyshire JA, McVeigh ER, “Centering the Projection Reconstruction Trajectory”, Magn. Reson. Med, 50, 1-6 (2003).
- Peters DC, Grist TM, Korosec FR, Holden JE, Block WF, Vigen KK, Mistretta CA, "Undersampled Projection Reconstruction Applied to MR Angiography", Magn. Reson. Med. 41, 99 (2000).
Detection of pulmonary vein and left atrial scar after catheter ablation with three-dimensional navigator-gated delayed enhancement MR imaging: initial experience.
Peters DC, Wylie JV, Botnar RM, Hauser TH, Kissinger KV, Essebag V, Josephson ME, Manning WJ. Detection of pulmonary vein and left atrial scar after catheter ablation with three-dimensional navigator-gated delayed enhancement MR imaging: initial experience. Radiology. 2007 Jun;243(3):690-5.
- CMR-Verified Lower LA Strain in the Presence of Regional Atrial Fibrosis in Atrial Fibrillation. Peters DC, Duncan JS, Grunseich K, Marieb MA, Cornfeld D, Sinusas AJ, Chelikani S. JACC Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017 Feb;10(2):207-208. doi: 10.1016/j.jcmg.2016.01.015.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Liu J, Peters DC, Drangova M: Method of B0 mapping with magnitude-based correction for bipolar two-point Dixon cardiac MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2017 Nov; 2016 Dec 8. PMID: 27933641
- Hu C, Sinusas AJ, Huber S, Thorn S, Stacy MR, Mojibian H, Peters DC: T1-refBlochi: high resolution 3D post-contrast T1 myocardial mapping based on a single 3D late gadolinium enhancement volume, Bloch equations, and a reference T1. J Cardiovasc Magn Reson. 2017 Aug 18; 2017 Aug 18. PMID: 28821300
- Wang H, Tam L, Kopanoglu E, Peters DC, Constable RT, Galiana G: O-space with high resolution readouts outperforms radial imaging. Magn Reson Imaging. 2017 Apr; 2016 Nov 20. PMID: 27876569
- Wang H, Tam L, Kopanoglu E, Peters DC, Constable RT, Galiana G: Experimental O-space turbo spin echo imaging. Magn Reson Med. 2016 Apr; 2015 May 15. PMID: 25981343
- Tam LK, Galiana G, Stockmann JP, Tagare H, Peters DC, Constable RT: Pseudo-random center placement O-space imaging for improved incoherence compressed sensing parallel MRI. Magn Reson Med. 2015 Jun; 2014 Jul 17. PMID: 25042143
- Li S, Chan C, Stockmann JP, Tagare H, Adluru G, Tam LK, Galiana G, Constable RT, Kozerke S, Peters DC: Algebraic reconstruction technique for parallel imaging reconstruction of undersampled radial data: application to cardiac cine. Magn Reson Med. 2015 Apr; 2014 Apr 18. PMID: 24753213
- Hsing J, Peters DC, Knowles BR, Manning WJ, Josephson ME: Cardiovascular magnetic resonance imaging of scar development following pulmonary vein isolation: a prospective study. PLoS One. 2014; 2014 Sep 24. PMID: 25251403
- Peters DC, Shaw JL, Knowles BR, Moghari MH, Manning WJ: Respiratory bellows-gated late gadolinium enhancement of the left atrium. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2013 Nov; 2012 Nov 29. PMID: 23197465
- Hauser TH, Peters DC, Wylie MV, Lau C, Josephson ME, Manning WJ: Relationship of Ostial Pulmonary Vein Scar with Reduction in Pulmonary Vein Size after Radiofrequency Ablation for the Treatment of Atrial Fibrillation: An Observational Cohort Study. J Atr Fibrillation. 2013 Apr-May; 2013 Apr 6. PMID: 28496832