Cyrus Roos Kapadia MD, FACP, AGAF
Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases)
1). The prevalence of burnout at the start of residency training and its impact during each year of residency training. - a multicenter study
2). Resident Physician Characteristics and Job Burnout: a study to correlate a variety of variables with burnout
The focus of my current scholarship is in two broad areas: 1). Examining the effect of burnout during residency training and 2). Looking at ways to incorporate basic science education into the training of Internal Medicine residents
- An Atlas of Gastroenterology - A guide to Diagnosis and differential Diagnosis - Eds. C.R. Kapadia, C.R. Taylor, J.M. Crawford. Parthenon Publishing, 2003
- Kapadia, CR, Gastric atrophy, metaplasia, and dysplasia: a clinical perspective. [Review] [44 refs] Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 36(5 Suppl):S29-36; discussion S61-2, 2003 May-Jun.
- Kapadia C. Cobalamin (vitamin B 12) deficiency: Is it a problem for our aging population and is the problem compounded by drugs that inhibit gastric acid secretion? J Clin Gasteroenterol 2000;
30: 4 – 6.
- Kapadia CR. Vitamin B12 in health and disease: part I - inherited disorders of function, absorption, and transport. [Review]. Gastroenterologist 1995; 3: 329-44.
- Kapadia CR, Cutruzzola FW, O'Brien MS, Stetz ML, Enriquez R,
Deckelbaum LI. Laser - induced fluorescence spectroscopy of human colonic
mucosa. Detection of adenomatous transformation.
Gastroenterology 1990; 99: 150- 7.
- Fiarman GS, Nathanson MH, West AB, Deckelbaum LI, Kelly L, Kapadia CR. Differences in laser-induced autofluorescence between adenomatous and hyperplastic polyps and normal colonic mucosa by confocal microscopy. Dig Dis Sci 1995; 40: 1261-8.
- Kapadia CR, Serfilippi D, Voloshin K, Donaldson RM. Intrinsic factor -
mediated absorption of cobalamin by guinea pig ileal cells. J Clin Invest
1983, 71: 440-448.
- Kapadia CR, Schafer DE, Donaldson RM Jr., Ebersole ER.
Evidence for the involvement of cyclic nucleotides in intrinsic factor secretion
by isolated gastric mucosa. J Clin Invest 1979, 63: 1044-1049.