Burnout, Professional; Digestive System Diseases; Education, Medical; Internal Medicine; Internship and Residency
The focus of my current scholarship is in two broad areas: 1). Examining the effect of burnout during residency training and 2). Looking at ways to incorporate basic science education into the training of Internal Medicine residents
Extensive Research Description
1). The prevalence of burnout at the start of residency training and its impact during each year of residency training. - a multicenter study
2). Resident Physician Characteristics and Job Burnout: a study to correlate a variety of variables with burnout
- An Atlas of Gastroenterology - A guide to Diagnosis and differential Diagnosis - Eds. C.R. Kapadia, C.R. Taylor, J.M. Crawford. Parthenon Publishing, 2003
- Kapadia, CR, Gastric atrophy, metaplasia, and dysplasia: a clinical perspective. [Review] [44 refs] Journal of Clinical Gastroenterology. 36(5 Suppl):S29-36; discussion S61-2, 2003 May-Jun.
- Kapadia C. Cobalamin (vitamin B 12) deficiency: Is it a problem for our aging population and is the problem compounded by drugs that inhibit gastric acid secretion? J Clin Gasteroenterol 2000; 30: 4 – 6.
- Kapadia CR. Vitamin B12 in health and disease: part I - inherited disorders of function, absorption, and transport. [Review]. Gastroenterologist 1995; 3: 329-44.
- Kapadia CR, Cutruzzola FW, O'Brien MS, Stetz ML, Enriquez R, Deckelbaum LI. Laser - induced fluorescence spectroscopy of human colonic mucosa. Detection of adenomatous transformation. Gastroenterology 1990; 99: 150-7.
- Fiarman GS, Nathanson MH, West AB, Deckelbaum LI, Kelly L, Kapadia CR. Differences in laser-induced autofluorescence between adenomatous and hyperplastic polyps and normal colonic mucosa by confocal microscopy. Dig Dis Sci 1995; 40: 1261-8.
- Kapadia CR, Serfilippi D, Voloshin K, Donaldson RM. Intrinsic factor - mediated absorption of cobalamin by guinea pig ileal cells. J Clin Invest 1983, 71: 440-448.
- Kapadia CR, Schafer DE, Donaldson RM Jr., Ebersole ER. Evidence for the involvement of cyclic nucleotides in intrinsic factor secretion by isolated gastric mucosa. J Clin Invest 1979, 63: 1044-1049.
Full List of PubMed Publications
- Rustagi T, Mansoor MS, Gibson JA, Kapadia CR: Pseudomelanosis of stomach, duodenum, and jejunum. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2015 Feb. PMID: 24492404
- Kapadia CR: Gastric atrophy, metaplasia, and dysplasia: a clinical perspective. J Clin Gastroenterol. 2003 May-Jun. PMID: 12702963
- Chatila R, Kapadia CR: Intestinal pseudoobstruction in acute Lyme disease: a case report. Am J Gastroenterol. 1998 Jul. PMID: 9672362
- Kapadia CR: Oxides, onions, and other matters gastrointestinal--1996--a perspective. J Clin Gastroenterol. 1997 Apr. PMID: 9179730
- Kapadia CR, Spiro H: Gastroenterology. Of oxides and onions. Lancet. 1996 Dec 21-28. PMID: 8973485
- Wong TY, Enriquez RE, Modlin IM, Soldano L, Ouellette GS, Kapadia CR: Recurrent hemorrhage from an invaginated Meckel's diverticulum in a 78-year-old man. Am J Gastroenterol. 1990 Feb. PMID: 2301341
- Kapadia CR, Essandoh LK: Active absorption of vitamin B12 and conjugated bile salts by guinea pig ileum occurs in villous and not crypt cells. Dig Dis Sci. 1988 Nov. PMID: 3180974