Clara Abraham MD
Associate Professor of Medicine (Digestive Diseases)
Departments & Organizations
Regulation of the intestinal immune system; T cell trafficking and activation; Genetics and immunobiology of inflammatory bowel disease; host:microbe interactions. more...
- BS, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 1985
- M.D., University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, 1989
- Lahiri A and Abraham C. Activation of Pattern Recognition Receptors Upregulates Metallothioneins, Thereby Increasing Intracellular Accumulation of Zinc, Autophagy, and Bacterial Clearance by Macrophages. Gastroenterology, epub 6/21/14.
- Hedl M, Lahiri A, Ning K, Cho JH, Abraham C. Pattern Recognition Receptor Signaling in Human Dendritic Cells is Enhanced by ICOS Ligand and Modulated by the Crohn’s Disease ICOSLG Risk Allele. Immunity, 40:734-746, 2014.
- Wu X, Lahiri A, Haines, GK III, Flavell RA, Abraham C. NOD2 regulates CXCR3-dependent CD8+ T cell accumulation in intestinal tissues with acute injury. J Immunol. 192:3409-3418, 2014.