Cindy A Crusto PhD
Associate Professor of Psychiatry; Director, Program and Service System Evaluation at The Consultation Center
Cindy A. Crusto, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychiatry (Psychology Section), Yale University School of Medicine, is the Director of Program and Service System Evaluation at The Consultation Center. Dr. Crusto has more than 15 years of experience in developing, implementing, and evaluating preventive interventions in schools and community agencies. She also has extensive experience providing training and technical assistance to schools and to community-based organizations on the evaluation of prevention programs. She is interested in culturally relevant interventions for children from racial/ethnic minority and low-income backgrounds and in school-based behavioral health services. Dr. Crusto's research examines the impact of family violence on children and the ecological influences on child and family well-being, and includes rigorous evaluations of community-based initiatives involving substance use and violence prevention, and the promotion of school readiness.
Dr. Crusto earned a B.A. in psychology from Vassar College, an M.A. in clinical-community psychology from the University of North Carolina at Charlotte, and a Ph.D. in clinical-community psychology from the University of South Carolina. She completed pre-doctoral and postdoctoral fellowships in clinical-community psychology at Yale University School of Medicine, Department of Psychiatry.
- Yale University Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS/University of Pretoria South Africa
Middelburg, South Africa (2010 - 2012)
Education & Training
- Vassar College (1991)
- University of North Carolina at Charlotte (1996)
- University of South Carolina (2000)
- Postdoctoral Associate
- Yale University School of Medicine, Psychiatry (2000 - 2001)
- Pre-doctoral Fellow
- Yale University School of Medicine, Psychiatry (1999 - 2000)
- Chair, American Evaluation Association (3/1/2005 - 4/15/2011)
- Chair, American Evaluation Association (09/01/2012 - 8/31/2014)