Christopher Bunick MD, PhD
Instructor in Dermatology
structural biology of skin proteins; x-ray crystallography; epidermal structure and function; structure-based drug design
Dr. Bunick uses a technique called x-ray crystallography to determine the high resolution, three-dimensional structures of proteins important to both normal and diseased skin. Knowing the structure of various skin proteins enables a better understand of how a protein functions in normal and diseased skin states. Ultimately, it may lead to the development of novel therapies.
- Bunick CG, Mariwalla K, Ibrahim O, Modi B, Imaeda S, McNiff JM. (2012) Expanding the histologic findings in smallpox-related post-vaccinial non-viral folliculitis. J Cutan Pathol, Nov 29 [epub ahead of print].
- Engberg A, Bunick CG, Subtil T, Ko C, Girardi M. (2013) Development of a Plaque Infiltrated With Large CD30+ T-cells Over a Silicone-Containing Device in a Patient With History of Sézary Syndrome. J Clinical Oncology, Feb 20;31(6):e87-9.
- Bunick, CG, Leffell, D, Bosenberg, M, Yahalom, J, Choi, JN. (2012) Cutaneous Rosai-Dorfman disease of the right ear responsive to radiation therapy. J Am Acad Dermatol, Nov;67(5):e225-6.
- Bunick, CG, Lott, JP, Warren, CB, Galan, A, Bolognia, J, King, BA. (2012) Chemical burn from topical apple cider vinegar. J Am Acad Dermatol, 64(4):e143-4.
- Bunick, CG and Aasi, SZ. (2011) Hemorrhagic complications in dermatologic surgery. Dermatol Therapy, 24(6):537-550.
- Tolpinrud, WL, Bunick, CG, King, BA. (2011) Serum sickness-like reaction: Histopathology and case report. J Am Acad Dermatol. 65(3):e83-5.
- Bunick, CG, Miller, MR, Fuller, BE, Fanning, E, Chazin, WJ. (2006) Biochemical and structural domain analysis of xeroderma pigmentosum complementation group C protein. Biochemistry 45(50), 14965-79.
- Bunick, CG, Nelson, MR, Mangahas, S, Hunter, MJ, Sheehan, JH, Mizoue, LS, Bunick, GJ, Chazin, WJ. (2004) Designing sequence to control protein function in an EF-Hand protein. J Am Chem Soc, 126(19), 5990-5998.