Bauer Sumpio MD, PhD, FACS
Professor of Surgery (Vascular) and of Diagnostic Radiology; Chief, Vascular Surgery; Program Director, Vascular Surgery Fellowship Program; Program Director, Vascular Surgery Residency Training Program; Associate Director, Graduate Medical Education
Departments & Organizations
Yale Medical Group
Office of Student ResearchCerebrovascular ProgramDiagnostic Radiology: Vascular & Interventional Radiology: Endovascular Center; Vascular Center | Diabetes Center | Surgery: Vascular Surgery; Sumpio Lab
Diabetic foot disease; Cerebrovascular disease; Peripheral vascular disease; Wound healing; Atherosclerosis; Hemodynamics more...
- M.D., Cornell University, 1980
- Ph.D., Cornell University, 1981
- Kim J,Cordova AC, Hirayama Y, Madri JA, Sumpio BE Differential Effects of Shear Stress and Cyclic Strain on Sp1 Phosphorylation by Protein Kinase C? Modulates Membrane Type 1-Matrix Metalloproteinase in Endothelial Cells Endothelium 2008; 15(1) 33-42.
- Nixon AM, Gunel M, Sumpio BE. The critical role of hemodynamics in the development of cerebral vascular disease. J. Neurosurgery 2010 Jun;112(6):1240-1253.
- Feng Y, Schlösser FJ, Sumpio BE. The Semmes Weinstein monofilament examination is a significant predictor of the risk of foot ulceration and amputation in patients with diabetes mellitus. J Vasc Surg. 2011 Jan;53(1):220-226