Ather Ali ND, MPH
Associate Research Scientist in Pediatrics (General Pediatrics); Integrative Medicine Specialist, Yale Stress Center
Dr. Ali is a faculty member in the department of pediatrics and provides integrative clinical care for adults and children at the Yale Stress Center.
His clinical practice focuses on the prevention and treatment of chronic disease, including pain syndromes and medically unexplained conditions in adults and children.
He has been involved with a number of clinical trials of complementary therapies, including massage therapy, dietary supplements, and nutritional interventions. He is currently supported by a NIH Career Development Award to study mindfulness meditation in fibromyalgia. Other current research focuses on unconventional medical laboratory testing and community vaccine practices. He is a founding Director of Integrative Medicine at Yale and part of the Executive Committee of the Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine.
He was previously co-director of the Integrative Medicine Center at Griffin Hospital and Assistant Director of Complementary Medicine Research at the Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center.
Education & Training
- University of California at Los Angeles (1997)
- Bastyr University (2003)
- Yale University School of Medicine (2006)
- NIH/NRSA Fellowship
- Yale University, Prevention Research Center
- Resident - Integrative Medicine
- Griffin Hospital
- NINDS Clinical Trials Methods
- Community Research Scolar
- Yale Center for Clinical Investigation/Yale University School of Medicine
Honors & Recognition
- Mentored Patient-Oriented Research Career Development Award (K23)
- Pediatric Faculty Scholars Program
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National Research Service Award Postdoctoral Fellowship (F32)
- Co-Chair, Research Working Group; Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine
- Executive Committee, Consortium of Academic Health Centers for Integrative Medicine
- Steering Committee, American College of Preventive Medicine, National Coordinating Center for Integrative Medicine