Anil K Karihaloo PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine (Nephrology)
Departments & Organizations
Internal Medicine: Nephrology Research Faculty
Epithelial morphogenesis and the associated cell signaling; Renal fibrosis; Polycystic Kidney Disease more...
- B.S., Punjab University, 1986
- M.S., Punjab University, 1989
- Ph.D., Postgraduate Inst. of Medical Ed. and Research, 1994
- Anti-fibrosis therapy and diabetic nephropathy. Karihaloo A. Curr Diab Rep. 2012 Aug;12(4):414-22. PMID: 22644874
- Macrophages promote cyst growth in polycystic kidney disease. Karihaloo A, Koraishy F, Huen SC, Lee Y, Merrick D, Caplan MJ, Somlo S, Cantley LG. J Am Soc Nephrol. 2011 Oct;22(10):1809-14. Epub 2011 Sep 15. PMID: 21921140 [PubMed - in process]
- Activating AMP-activated protein kinase (AMPK) slows renal cystogenesis. Takiar V, Nishio S, Seo-Mayer P, King JD Jr, Li H, Zhang L, Karihaloo A, Hallows KR, Somlo S, Caplan MJ. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2011 Feb 8;108(6):2462-7. Epub 2011 Jan 24.