Ana-Claire L. Meyer MD, MSHS
Assistant Professor of Neurology
Global health; HIV/AIDS; Epilepsy; Tropical medicine; HIV-associated neurocognitive impairment; Health services research; Quality of care
The overarching goal of my research is to expand access to neurological care to underserved populations domestically and to underserved regions globally. My research focuses on epilepsy treatment and infectious diseases of the nervous system. I have active projects focused on the global burden of disease due to epilepsy, a clinical trial of preventive strategies for cryptococcal meningitis and evaluating health and economic outcomes of Kenyans with HIV-associated cognitive impairment. I also work to improve access to Neurology training for physicians from underserved regions.
- Cettomai, D, Kwasa, J, Birbeck, G, Price, RW, Cohen, CR, Bukusi, EA, Kendi, C, Meyer, AL. Screening for HIV-associated Peripheral Neuropathy in Resource-Limited Settings. Muscle and Nerve, in press.
- Meyer, AC, Boscardin, WJ, Kwasa, JK, Price, RW. 2013. Is it time to rethink how neuropsychological tests are used to diagnose mild forms of HIV-associated neurocognitive disorders? Impact of false-positive rates on prevalence and power. Neuroepidemiology, in press.
- Meyer, AL, Kendi, CK, Penner, JA, Odhiambo, N, Otieno, B, Omondi, E, Opiyo, E, Bukusi, EA, Cohen, CR. 2013. The impact of routine cryptococcal antigen screening on survival among HIV-infected individuals with advanced immunosuppression in Kenya. Tropical Medicine and International Health, 18(4): 495-503.
- Murray, CJL et. al. 2013. Disability-adjusted life years (DALYs) for 291 diseases and injuries in 21 regions, 1990-2010: a systematic analysis for the Global Burden of Disease Study 2010. The Lancet, 380: 2197-223.
- Meyer, AL, Dua, T, Boscardin, J, Escarce, JJ, Shekhar, S, Birbeck, GL. 2012. Critical determinants of the epilepsy treatment gap: a cross-national analysis in resource-limited settings. Epilepsia, 53(12): 2178-2185.