Ali Khaled Abu-Alfa MD, FASN
Assistant Professor (Adjunct) of Medicine (Nephrology)
Departments & Organizations
Delivery and methods of peritoneal dialysis; Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis and Gadolinium Containing Contrast Agents;(epidemiology, mechanism of disease, policy and risk reduction); Chronic kidney disease care optimization (anemia management and treatment of CKD-Mineral Bone Disorders); Caner-related renal disorders more...
- BS, American University of Beirut, 1985
- M.D., American University of Beirut, 1985
- Kuo PH, Abu-Alfa A, Bucala R, Griffith J, Carlson K, Girardi M, Weinreb J and Cowper S: MRI in the era of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis: Review, controversies and suggestions for risk reduction. Applied Radiology, 2009, ePUB April 09.
- Huen S, Hall I, Topol J, Mahnensmith R, Brewster U and Abu-Alfa A: Successful Use of IP Daptomycin in the Treatment of VRE Peritonitis. Am J Kidney Dis. 2009; 54:538-541.
- Abu-Alfa, AK , Sloan L, Charytan C, Sekkarie M, Scarlata D, Globe D and Audhya P. Darbepoetin alfa The association of darbepoetin alfa with hemoglobin and health-related quality of life in patients with chronic kidney disease not receiving dialysis. Curr Med Res Opin. 2008 Apr 24(4):1091-100.