Hypertension; Reproducibility of Results; Health Care Quality, Access, and Evaluation; Validation Studies as Topic
- Evaluation of the effectiveness of home BP telemonitoring in hypertension (cohort study, PI Peixoto).
- Evaluation of long-term variability of BP in the home environment (cohort study, PI Peixoto).
- Behavior of aortic mechanics and transmission of pulsatile BP load to the kidneys (cross sectional study, PI Peixoto).
- Use of systemic hemodynamics to phenotype hypertension as a tool to redefine mechanisms of hypertension (cross sectional study, PI Marcelo Orias MD PhD)
- Study of arterial mechanics in elderly patients with hypertension (cohort study, PI Sebastiao Ferreira MD PhD)
- Clinical trials of finerenone in diabetic kidney disease (FIDELIO and FIGARO) (Site PI Peixoto)
(Updated May 2016)
- Peixoto AJ and Bakris G. Approach to the patient with hypertensive nephrosclerosis. In: Kimmel P and Rosenberg M (eds): Chronic Renal Disease. Philadelphia: Elsevier, 2015: 455-69
- Romero C, Peixoto AJ, Orias M. Estimated GFR or albuminuria: which one is really associated with resistant hypertension? Semin Nephrol 2014; 34: 492-7.
- Peixoto AJ. Attending Rounds: A Young Patient with a Family History of Hypertension. Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2014; 9: 2164-72, epub ahead of print Aug 4
- Peixoto AJ, Orias M, Desir GV. Does kidney disease cause hypertension? Curr Hypertens Rep 2013; 15: 89-94.
- Romero CA, Alfie J, Galarza C, Waisman G, Peixoto AJ, Tabares A, Orías M. Hemodynamic circulatory patterns in young patients with predominantly diastolic hypertension. J Am Soc Hypertens 2013; 7: 157-62
- Cohen DS and Peixoto AJ. Hypertension. NephSAP 2016; 15 (number 1): 7-106
- Elliott W, Peixoto AJ, Bakris G. In: Brenner and Rector's The Kidney, 10th edition, 2016: 1522-66.
- Peixoto AJ. Update in Nephology and Hypertension: Evidence published in 2015. Ann Intern Med 2016; 164: W42-7.