Anemia, Sickle Cell; Cardiology; Echocardiography; Heart Defects, Congenital; Pediatrics
Dr. Friedman participates in research to evaluate the cardiovascular transition from the fetus to the newborn. Dr. Friedman is working with members of the Section of Hematology and Oncology to evaluate the hemodynamic effects of Sickle Cell Disease in the outpatient setting. He is also working in a project that examines the effects of hyperphosphatemia on myocardial performance. Dr. Friedman is also active in novel and innovative methods of pediatric resident education and systems management.
Specialized Terms: Fetal echocardiography; Echocardiography in congenital heart disease
- Colon M, Anderson RH, Weinberg P, Mussatto K, Bove E, Friedman AH. Anatomy, morphogenesis, diagnosis, management and outcomes for neonates with common arterial trunk. Cardiol Young. 2008 Dec;18 Suppl 3:52-62.
- Bahtiyar MO, Dulay AT, Weeks BP, Friedman AH, Copel JA. Prenatal course of isolated muscular ventricular septal defects diagnosed only by color Doppler sonography: single-institution experience. J Ultrasound Med. 2008 May;27(5):715-2
- Pashankar FD, Carbonella J, Bazzy-Asaad A, Friedman A. Prevalence and risk factors of elevated pulmonary artery pressures in children with sickle cell disease. Pediatrics. 2008 Apr;121(4):777-82
- Friedman AH, Fogel MA, Stephens P, Hellinger JC, Nykanen DG, Tweddell J, Feltes TF, Rome JJ. Identification, imaging, functional assessment and management of congenital coronary arterial abnormalities in children. 2007. Cardiol Young:17(suppl. 2): 5
- Bahtiyar MO, Dulay AT, Weeks BP, Friedman AH, Copel JA. Prevalence of congenital heart defects in monochorionic/diamniotic twin gestations: a systematic literature review. J Ultrasound Med. 2007 Nov;26(11):1491-8.
- Charles E. Canter, MD, Chair; Robert E. Shaddy, MD; Daniel Bernstein, MD; Daphne T. Hsu, MD; Maryanne R.K. Chrisant, MD; James K. Kirklin, MD; Kirk R. Kanter, MD, FAHA; Robert S.D. Higgins, MD; Elizabeth D. Blume, MD; David N. Rosenthal, MD; Mark M. Boucek, MD; Karen C. Uzark, RN, PhD, FAHA; Alan H. Friedman, MD; James K. Young, MD. Indications for Heart Transplantation in Pediatric Heart Disease. Circulation. 2007 Feb 6;115(5):658-76. Epub 2007 Jan 29.
- Friedman, AH (medical editor). The Complete Directory for People with Rare Disorders. Grey House Publishing, Lakeville, Connecticut, 2006.
- Hamar B, Dziura J, Friedman A, Kleinman C, Copel J. Trends in fetal echocardiography and implications for clinical practice: 1985 to 2003. J Ultrasound Med, 25:197-202, 2006.
- Friedman, AH and Factor, S (medical editors). The Complete Directory for People with Chronic Illness. Grey House Publishing, Lakeville, Connecticut, 2005.
- Friedman, AH (medical editor). The Complete Directory for Pediatric Disorders, 3rd edition. Grey House Publishing, Lakeville, Connecticut, 2004.
- Weeks, B. and Friedman AH. Training Pediatric Residents to Evaluate Congenital Heart Disease in the Current Era. Pediatric Clinics of North America: From Fetus to Young Adult: Contemporary Topics in Pediatric Cardiovascular Disease. Pediatr Clin North A
- Kuhn B, Shapiro E, Friedman A. Predictors of Outcome in Children with Acute Myocarditis. Pediatric Cardiology,vol 25 (4):379-384, 2004.